This delicious Greek Orzo Pasta Salad is packed with fresh veggies, fresh herbs, salty feta, and soaked in a zesty lemon dressing, perfect for a side or light lunch!
Don't want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Fresh Zesty Orzo Pasta Salad
Whether its summertime or not this pasta salad is a hearty and comforting dish. The tomatoes and cucumbers give this pasta salad a wonderful crunch and the orzo provides a wonderful base that helps bring everything together. This is one of my favorite salads to make for meal planning since it keeps it just keeps getting better as it sits!
In addition to being nutritious and veggie backed this pasta salad is incredibly colorful and vibrant which is why it's one of my favorite things to bring to potlucks and as a side when a friend invites us to dinner. This versatile pasta salad allows you to mix and match the veggies you use and add and subtract as you see fit. If you are looking for a hearty salifying dish that could be a side or a main with added protein you found it!
How to Make Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
First you will need to assemble the following ingredients:
- Orzo pasta salad – orzo has a consistency similar to large rice and is a great choice for pasta salad. You can substitute a different type of pasta if you prefer.
- Lemon zest – zest adds an extra pop to the zests dressing, I just zest the lemons before I juice them.
- Lemon juice – lemon juice is very acidic and adds a wonderful refreshing zest to the pasta.
- Olive oil – olive oil adds fat to the dressing and helps it adhere to the pasta.
- Garlic – garlic has a really strong punchy flavor that is the main flavor for the dressing.
- Oregano – oregano has a refreshing herbaceous flavor that compliments the garlic and lemon perfectly.
- Sea salt – sea salt is critical to season the pasta, the feta will add more salt so wait to add more till everything is combined.
- Fresh ground black pepper – fresh black pepper adds a wonderful spice to the dressing. You can add more If you prefer.
- Sugar – the granulated sugar in the dressing helps balance out the acidity of the lemon.
- Cherry tomatoes – cherry tomatoes have a wonderful sweet flavor and pop in your mouth.
- Cucumber – cucumber adds a fresh taste and crunchy texture.
- Sun dried tomatoes – sun dried tomatoes are a great way to get a really concentrated tomato flavor.
- Feta cheese – I use plain feta but seasoned feta will work too.
- Olives – you can use black or pitted kalamata olives
- Basil and Dill – these fresh herbs bring this salad to the next level with a fresh herbaceous taste.
Use the Following Method
Cook the pasta. Cook the orzo in salted boiling water according to package instructions. Drain.
Make the dressing. In a small bowl combine the lemon juice, zest, olive oil, garlic, oregano, sea salt, black pepper, and sugar. Whisk to combine well. Add the dressing to the warm pasta and stir regularly as the pasta cools.
Finish and enjoy. Add all the other ingredients to the pasta salad stir to combine. Taste and add more salt if needed. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Refreshing Greek Pasta Salad
Make it ahead. One of my favorite things about this pasta salad is that it can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge until you need it!
Add nuts. If you are looking to add a little extra crunch and protein, try adding some toasted sunflower seeds, toasted slivered almonds, or toasted pepita seeds.
This pasta salad is best when served at room temperature, it can also be served cold.
Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container for 3-5 days. Its best to let it come to room temperature before serving.
Other Delicious Salads
Easy Greek Orzo Pasta Salad Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
This fresh delicious orzo pasta salad is packed with salty feta, fresh veggies, and bright lemon dressing.
- 1 ½ cups orzo pasta salad
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoon garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups cucumber, medium diced
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup olives, halved, black or pitted kalamata
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- (Optional) 2 teaspoon capers, minced
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil then cook orzo for 10 minutes.
- While orzo is cooking, in a medium bowl make the dressing by combining lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, sea salt, and sugar. Whisk to bring together.
- When ready, drain the orzo and place it - hot - into a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the pasta and stir well.
- As the pasta cools stir it periodically so it soaks up the dressing well.
- Once pasta has cooled add all the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine. Taste once combined then adjust with more salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Zulay Kitchen Garlic Press With Soft, Easy To Squeeze Ergonomic Handle - Garlic Mincer Tool With Sturdy Design Extracts More Garlic Paste - Easy To Clean Garlic Crusher And Ginger Press (Silver)
Zulay Kitchen 5 Pack Leak-Proof Glass Food Storage Containers - 36 oz Thick & Durable Glass Meal Prep Containers - Airtight Easy to Clean Glass Storage Containers With Lids
Pyrex Prepware 4-Quart Rimmed Mixing Bowl, Clear
Barilla Orzo, 16 oz
Amount Per Serving Calories 315Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 16mgSodium 703mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 6g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.