Sweet and subtly spiced this Elderflower spiced apple cider is a delicious take on a Christmas favorite! Alcoholic mulled wine version and non alcoholic versions of a twist on classic mulled wine included.
One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is all of the entertaining. Whether it is a big group, or a small intimate gathering- I love sitting around with friends and family, talking, laughing, and enjoying each other’s company.
Christmastime is so full of special moments- and delicious foods and drinks.
One of my all time favorites (and not even at Christmas- anytime it is cold) is spiced cider and mulled wine.
The best kind of holiday cocktails are those that can taste the same when made non-alcoholic, since so often holiday entertaining includes children, friends who don’t drink, and friends who are expecting– this recipe is delicious both with or without the booze, so everyone can enjoy!
Mulled wine and spiced ciders are so delicious and comforting- they warm you up and get the gathering going.
This year, I came up with a fun new twist on a traditional spiced cider or mulled wine- and added elderflower to take it up a notch!
This recipe is perfectly balanced- the cloying sweet bouquet from elderflower joins tart notes from oranges and fresh apples and dance with lots of delicious mulling spices.
This recipe is insanely easy- just dump the ingredients in a crockpot or a large pot on the stove, set to low, and let it simmer slowly during a gathering.
You can adjust the ingredients- add more orange or elderflower flavors, more or less mulling spices – whatever you like!
If you want it to be extra strong (for crazier holiday parties), spiced rum, whiskey, or even vodka go great in this mix.
You could also make a big non-alcoholic batch and set out spiced rum to add in for adults if your party includes those who aren’t drinking.
Elderflower Spiced Apple Cider Recipe
Sweet and subtly spiced this Elderflower spiced apple cider is a delicious take on a Christmas favorite! Alcoholic mulled wine version and non alcoholic versions included.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1 bottle apple wine, alcoholic version OR 1 bottle sparkling grape juice (n/a version)
- 1 cup saint germain, alcoholic version OR 1 cup elderflower juice (n/a version)
- 1/2 cup cointreau, alcoholic version OR 1/2 cup orange juice (n/a version)
- 1 cup Bittermilk No.2 Tom Collins with Elderflowers & Hops Cocktail Mixer, can be found at liquor stores- there is no alcohol in this product
- 1 tablespoon mulling spices
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 apple, sliced into rounds
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- Add ingredients into slow cooker and heat on low, stirring occasionally to prevent fruit from sticking to the bottom and burning.
Amount Per Serving Calories 157 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 15mg Carbohydrates 30g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 25g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 0g