If you’re looking for a low-carb bread recipe that is sure to please, look no further than this Paleo Zucchini Pistachio Bread. This bread is perfect for breakfast, snacking, or dessert, and is guaranteed to become a family favorite.
Here at Sweet C’s, we have lots of types of readers – those who like to get straight to the recipe, and those who would like more information, including tips and tricks to feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Best Zucchini Pistachio Bread
Zucchini Pistachio Bread is a moist, flavorful cake that is perfect for any occasion. Made with nutrient-rich zucchini, protein-packed pistachios, and wholesome coconut flour, it’s a nutrient-rich and satisfying choice. The zucchini adds a subtle sweetness and moistness to the bread, while the pistachios add a nutty flavor and crunch.
Zucchini Pistachio Bread is as easy it gets and comes together in no time. There’s no need for fancy mixers or kneading – one large mixing bowl will do!
Paleo Zucchini Pistachio Bread is…
How To Make Paleo Zucchini Pistachio Bread
For this quick and easy zucchini pistachio bread, you will need the following ingredients:
- Zucchini– Use fresh, grated zucchini for this recipe. Zucchini adds flavor and moisture to the bread.
- Eggs– Room temperature eggs work best in baked foods. Set them on the counter for about 30-minutes prior to using.
- Milk– Since this recipe is paleo-friendly and dairy free, you will want to use almond milk or another dairy free milk of your choice.
- Oil– Olive oil or avocado oil are the best choices if you want this recipe to remain paleo-friendly.
- Flour– For this recipe to be grain free and gluten free, we used almond flour and coconut flour. Do not pack the flour. Instead, use a spoon to scoop it into the measuring cup and scrape the excess off with a butter knife.
- Tapioca Starch– This is similar to corn starch except it is gluten free and a healthier option.
- Chia seeds– High in nutrients, Chia seeds add flavor and texture to your bread.
- Pistachios– Be sure to chop your pistachios and divide them. You’ll use half in the bread batter and half on top.
- Baking powder– This is what makes your bread rise and become nice and fluffy.
- Salt– Salt always adds a little flavor to your bread.
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, follow these easy steps to whip up a delicious Paleo zucchini pistachio bread in no time!
- First, preheat the oven to 350 ºF, and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Set to the side.
- Next, beat all your wet ingredients together (eggs, almond milk, and oil) in a large bowl until well combined.
- Then, add the almond flour, tapioca starch, coconut flour, chia seeds, 2 tbsp chopped pistachios, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Finally, stir in the grated zucchini.
- Transfer your bread batter into the prepared loaf pan and top with the remaining pistachios.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes depending on your oven. Check for doneness.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and transferring to a cooling rack.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Pistachio Bread and FAQs:
- Use room temperature eggs. Room temperature eggs work best in baking.
- Use freshly grated zucchini for the best texture and flavor.
- Add chopped pistachios to the top of your loaf before placing it in the oven. This will help keep them crunchy and add a delicious nutty flavor to your Paleo Zucchini Pistachio Bread.
- Check the loaf by inserting a toothpick in the middle until it comes out clean.
Paleo Zucchini Pistachio Bread should be baked at 350ºF for 1 hour – 1 hour and 10 minutes.
The total cook time for Paleo Zucchini Pistachio Bread is 1 hour – 1 hour and 10 minutes. This includes preparation, cooking, and cooling times. Because this recipe is so easy to make, it only takes about 20-30 minutes of hands-on prep time.
Yes, Paleo Zucchini Pistachio Bread can easily be made into muffins. Simply follow the instructions above and fill a greased or lined muffin tin 3/4 full with batter. Bake at 350ºF for 20-25 minutes.
Yes, Paleo Zucchini Pistachio Bread can be frozen for up to 3 months. Simply let it come to room temperature before enjoying it.
Leftover Paleo Zucchini Pistachio Bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
What To Serve With Paleo Zucchini Pistachio Bread
This zucchini pistachio bread pairs well with other breakfast dishes like Poblano Egg Breakfast Tacos or Avocado Toasts. Additionally, it is great with a hot beverage like Stroopwafels Vodka Coffee, a Pumpkin Spice Latte, or Israeli Cardamom Coffee.
Paleo Zucchini Pistachio Bread Recipe
If you love this easy recipe, please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Paleo Zucchini Pistachio Bread is a delicious and healthy bread option that is perfect for those following a Paleo diet.
- 2 medium sized zucchini, grated
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup almond milk or milk of choice
- ⅓ cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca starch
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ⅓ cup pistachios (divided)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Beat eggs, almond milk, and oil in a large bowl until well combined. Add almond flour, tapioca starch, coconut flour, chia seeds, 2 tbsp chopped pistachios, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. Stir in grated zucchini.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan and top with the remaining pistachios.
- Bake for 1 hour - 1 hour and 10 minutes, check the loaf by inserting a toothpick in the middle until it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and transferring to a cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving Calories 289Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 64mgSodium 220mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 5gSugar 4gProtein 10g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.