I kind of have an obsession with tacos.
Like, to the point taco tuesday annoys me. I mean.... why declare just one day for tacos?? Everyday is a taco day, in my book.
Did you know "Taco Tuesday" actually started with Taco Johns? (Taco John's is a Cheyenne Wyoming based fast food joint that you can find all over Colorado and various midwestern states)- it was a way to promote potato Oles!
These tacos are so delicious, you'll want to eat them any day of the week- for any meal!
Sure, they are breakfast-y, but they are good anytime of day when you're craving something spicy, cheesy, and comforting. And they take under 15 minutes!
One note- you can make the eggs with the peppers and onions in them, or add them in later like I did (I normally make it all in one pan, but for my kids I wanted to have less peppers, so I kept it separate here.) You can do whichever way you like!
Spicy, easy delicious poblano egg breakfast tacos are full of flavor to kick your day off right!
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 poblano pepper, blistered
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 6 eggs, whisked until foamy
- ½ cup + ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 corn tortillas
- Heat a heavy skillet on medium high heat, add oil when hot.
- Add diced peppers and onion to a pan and cook on medium high until browned.
- When vegetables are browned, remove from pan and add to a bowl on the side OR cook eggs with the veg in the pan (depending on your preference)
- Add eggs to pan and stir often to prevent sticking or burning.
- Add in cheese and keep stirring until eggs are fluffy and slightly firm.
- Add eggs and pepper/onion mix into tacos and top with cheese.
- Garnish with fresh diced green onions if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 423Saturated Fat 9.3gSodium 325mgCarbohydrates 30.9gFiber 5.2gSugar 5.8gProtein 22.1g