One Pot Creamy Mushroom Chicken Chowder
Nov 13, 2017, Updated Dec 21, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
One Pot Creamy Mushroom Chicken Chowder is an easy, delicious, and totally crave-able comforting keto and paleo diet acceptable soup everyone loves!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
One Pot Creamy Mushroom Chicken Chowder
In winter, I crave one thing – chowder.
Since going on a keto-ish diet though, rich and hearty sous and stews have happened a lot less as I am skipping the normal thickening methods like
This soup is perfect for comfort-seeking dieters – it is rich, creamy, full of natural goodness, and so easy to make and reheat.
This chowder works with a paleo diet, whole 30 diet, keto diet, and other low carb diets (swap some of the vegetables in this creamy mushroom chicken chowder if they are too high in carbs for you, this recipe is very adaptable) – and is perfect as a hearty meal to keep you full longer.
Leftover Keto Mushroom Chicken Chowder Reheating Tips
To reheat a soup with lots of cream, you can just pop it in the microwave – which will still taste fabulous, but the soup itself might separate slightly and look a little oily/spotty.
To prevent this, I like to reheat my soup on the stovetop, removing from the heat to whisk in a little extra cream, and then add back to the heat. This will result in a gorgeous reheated soup.
If you are at work and need to use a microwave, heat to warm (about 2-4 minutes), remove form microwave, stir well, add in a little more cream and “whisk” (you can use a plastic fork to whisk, jut flip it quickly with your wrist) and then reheat to piping hot, another 1-2 minutes.
Keto Diet Friendly Chicken Chowder Vegetable Swaps
If you’re concerned about the carbs and protein in this chowder and you’re really watching your intake (something I will admit I do NOT do, hence why I say I am “keto-ish”), look into some of the suggestions I’m using below:
-Add garlic infused oil instead of garlic to reduce the carbs from garlic.
-Swap carrots for spinach, arugula, or another delicious green that you love (add it at the end of cooking to not completely overpower the dish)
-Increase herbs, butter, and cream and reduce chicken – make sure to use a very flavorful bone broth to make up for the reduction in chicken to reduce some of the protein for this dish.
Amazing salads to enjoy with your Creamy Mushroom Chicken Chowder
Check out these favorites sides to enjoy with your chowder:
You will also love these low carb recipes: Stuffed Chicken Parmesan, One Pot Creamy Shrimp Florentine Skillet, One Pot Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Mushrooms, and One Pot Cheesy Taco Skillet.
One Pot Creamy Mushroom Chicken Chowder Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp sea salt, divided
- 2 chicken breasts, diced into 1" chunks
- 1/4 cup garlic, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced into small rings or half-rings
- 3 celery ribs, sliced into small rings
- 16 oz cremini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Italian herb seasonings blend, thyme, oregano, basil
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp fresh cracked pepper
- 12 oz organic chicken bone broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Sprigs of rosemary, thyme, or oregano, to garnish.
- In a large pot, melt butter on medium high heat until foamy.
- Add chicken, sprinkle half the sea salt over chicken.
- Cook chicken to golden brown on the outside, stirring often to prevent burning, about 6 minutes.
- Add in carrots, celery, and mushrooms.
- Cook another 5 minutes, until soft and lightly browned.
- Add in rest of butter and melt, tossing chicken and vegetables in the butter.
- Add onion powder, herb seasonings, pepper, and rest of salt - stir to coat.
- Slowly stir in bone broth, scraping up any browned bits from the pan as you stir it in.
- Let reduce 10 minutes on medium.
- Turn off heat.
- Slowly stir in cream, whisking as you add it to the soup.
- When cream is added and has been whisked vigorously for 1 minute, return to heat on medium and let boil softly for 4-5 minutes, until soup has thickened.
- Serve and garnish with herbs, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Sam's Choice Chicken Bone Broth Concentrate, 12 oz
Zulay Premium 12 Inch Stainless Steel Ladle with Comfortable Grip - Soup Ladle with Long Handle and Ample Bowl Capacity Perfect for Stirring, Serving Soups and More - Heavy-Duty Metal Ladle
Cook N Home Tri-Ply Clad Stainless Steel Stockpot with Lid, 8 Quart, silver
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 217Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 67mgSodium 1914mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 14g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet C’s Favorites
If you love this recipe, please check out some of our top posts!
These tried and true reader favorites are well loved for their family friendly flavor that everyone loves!