This bright, colorful Raspberry Beet Smoothie is loaded with flavor and protein thanks to a secret ingredient that makes the texture amazing!
If you’re looking for a rich, delicious, and healthy smoothie to kick off your new healthy eating goals, you’re going to LOVE this smoothie.
It is bright, sweet, and full of flavor - and a great way to get kids to eat beets!
We’re adding a secret ingredient to power-pack this smoothie with even more calcium and protein - cottage cheese!
I know what you’re thinking..... cottage cheese?!
Yes, we really are using cottage cheese to thicken this smoothie, and you won’t believe the incredibly rich, smooth texture it gives to this smoothie - and keeps it healthy with lots of protein!
I hope you love this smoothie as much as we do.
At Sweet C's we have lots of types of readers - those who would like lots of information with their recipe, some who need a few extra tips and tricks, and some who'd like to get straight to cooking.
We've included a clickable table of contents below that will take you directly to the section you'd like to read, and a skip to recipe button in the top left corner to help you navigate this information quickly.
Table of contents
Other Healthy Recipes You’ll Love
If you love this deliciously easy smoothie, please check out some of our favorite healthy recipes on site.
Favorites like baked pork tenderloin, easy baked lemon garlic cod, air fryer French fries, shrimp and asparagus skillet, vegan taco skillet, and ranch chicken thighs are all favorites my family loves that are loaded with whole, fresh ingredients.
What Are Healthy Smoothie Additions?
If you’re looking to increase your nutrition in your smoothies, check out some of our favorites below.
These additions can up your fiber, protein, and nutrient intake - and work fabulously in this rich and milkshake-like smoothie!
Shop the Post
For our picks to make and serve these deliciously healthy smoothies, check out our affordable picks through our affiliate links below:
Adding cottage cheese to a smoothie gives it a rich, thick texture like a milkshake - without compromising the nutrition!
We prefer to use pre-prepped beets, found in your grocer's produce fridges (usually right next to the fresh herb boxes) so there is no cleanup and less bitter flavor from the beets.
If using raw beets, chop them to prevent your blender from getting stuck.
Raspberry Beet Smoothie Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Say goodbye to classic smoothies, this one is coming in with a BANG!
A tantalizing blend of raspberries, beets, and lemon juice - plus cottage cheese - the key to the CREAMIEST tasting smoothies EVER! I swear it's not weird! Honey, flax, collagen, and milk of choice round out this vibrant and delicious smoothie!
- ½ cup steam cooked or raw beets, diced if using raw
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons ground flax meal, optional
- 1 scoop collagen powder, optional
- 1 scoop hemp fiber powder
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar, optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until fully combined and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides if needed halfway through.
- Pour into a glass and serve with a straw.
- Steam cooked beats will blend quicker and easier, however raw can definitely be used, just be sure to dice them before adding to the blender.
- ¼ to ⅓ cup beet juice may also be used instead.
- Using frozen raspberries helps to thicken the smoothie without watering it down.
- Cottage cheese does not add any flavor to the smoothie, but it’s packed with protein and makes this smoothie slightly creamy. Greek yogurt could be used instead, but I prefer cottage cheese.
- You can use any kind of milk in this recipe, dairy, nut, oat, soy, etc.
- Honey may be substituted for maple syrup, agave, or left out.
- You can really add any “extras” you want to this smoothie, just avoid heavily flavored additions like protein powder.
- Apple cider vinegar gives this smoothie a nice zing and can take it to “juice bar” level, and it really tastes delicious - think pickled beets/raspberry vinaigrette - it’s different, but really good!
- A banana may be added to this smoothie for thickness and sweetness.
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal may be added for thickness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Vital Proteins Collagen Powder Supplement Hydrolyzed Peptides - Non-GMO, Dairy&Gluten Free Unflavored 10oz
Wild Soil Honey, Distinct and Superior to Organic, Probiotic, Raw, Unpasteurized, USA Honey
Nutiva Organic, Cold-Processed Hemp Protein from non-GMO, Sustainably Farmed Canadian Hempseed, 15 G, 16 Ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 556Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 19mgSodium 391mgCarbohydrates 66gFiber 19gSugar 37gProtein 31g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.