Easy, crunchy, delicious Baked Ranch Chicken Thighs are a super simple one pot baked chicken thigh recipe that is – bursting with ranch flavor in only five ingredients, and a keto chicken thigh recipe everyone loves! Low carb, mess free, a deliciously crunchy crust, in a huge family favorite that is sure to make anyone a fan of chicken thighs in under 40 minutes!
I have a weird confession – I hate condiments.
Ketchup, mustard (which, admittedly, I am allergic to), sour cream, mayonnaise, relish – I genuinely loathe all condiments.
I especially hate salad dressing (the thick and creamy kinds, not specifically vinaigrettes. I love those.), which is sad, because I LOVE ranch dressing seasonings.
There is something about the tangy, zippy, bright, and salty ranch seasoning herbs that are totally addictive and crave-able – I can’t get enough!
Just take me to the baked ranch chicken thigh recipe already!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, i think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy low carb baked ranch chicken recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
I love ranch dressing seasonings in soups and casseroles, on pork chops and pasta, and on chicken thighs.
These Baked Ranch Chicken Thighs are bursting with delicious ranch dressing flavor – and are a snap to make, and also work into a low carb diet!
These easy ranch chicken thighs are melt in your mouth delicious, and so easy – perfect for meal prep, dinner parties, potlucks, or busy weeknight dinners.
They are great with rice or pasta, grilled veggies, or on their own! And they also taste delicious in sandwiches and salads for a truly versatile and easy chicken thigh recipe you will add to your weekly rotation time and time again!
How To Cook Perfect Baked Chicken Thighs
- Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towels
- Extra liquid and moisture on the chicken will keep the thighs from crisping.
- Don’t trim the fat too much.
- While you might want to trim off excessive fat, some fat is good on chicken thighs, even if you don’t usually like chicken fat. We’re cooking these chicken thighs long enough for the fat to render out and help make a crispy, crunchy outer crust – so don’t over-trim your chicken thighs.
- Let chicken thigh skin crisp.
- If you’re looking for additional crunchy chicken (especially important since we’re using skinless, boneless chicken thighs), you can pop the chicken thighs under the broiler for 2-4 minutes – be careful and watch the chicken closely to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Unroll your chicken thighs.
- If you’re often not a fan of chicken thigh texture, unroll the chicken thighs so they lay flat. This will cook the chicken thighs more evenly, and ensure a crunchy surface on the entire thigh – which makes it completely irresistible, and a bit easier for people who usually shy away from dark meat chicken.
Other Easy Chicken Thigh Recipes You’ll Love:
If you love these easy baked ranch chicken thighs, you are going to love some of my other favorite chicken thigh dishes! Please click the links below to see some of my favorite easy chicken thigh dinner recipes:
And if you love this easy delicious dinner, be sure to check out one of my other favorite easy dinners right now – this super easy and crazy delicious recipe for The Best Garlic Baked Pork Tenderloin Ever!
Or this Easy Baked Ranch Pork Tenderloin and Gravy Recipe for a simple pork tenderloin in a rich ranch dressing gravy that practically makes itself!
To Make These Easy Baked Ranch Chicken Thighs, You’ll Need:
This baked ranch chicken thigh recipe is incredibly easy – but there are a couple things you’ll need to make the most delicious, flavor-packed chicken thighs straight from the oven! The following are my go-to tools for perfect chicken thighs from the oven!
-Parchment Paper Sheet
Baked Ranch Chicken Thighs Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Or you can sign up for my totally free email newsletter to get my favorite easy meals delivered straight to your inbox, daily and be sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram – or join the Sweet C’s Facebook group where you can share your favorite recipes, lifestyle tips, travel – and just fun stuff!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
To watch me make this easy baked ranch chicken thighs recipe in a video, please click here:
- 4 to 6 chicken thighs bone-in, with skin on
- black pepper to taste
- 1 1 oz. packet dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic pressed
Preheat the oven to 400 F.
Cover a Baking sheet in foil, nonstick side up.
Place the chicken thighs on the baking sheet, fattest side up.
Generously season with salt and pepper.
Bake Chicken for 25 minutes, when skin has started to crisp.
In a small bowl, combine the dressing mix with the olive oil and minced garlic and blend.
Brush the ranch and oil mixture over the chicken thighs.
Continue to cook chicken in oven until crispy and golden brown, and internal temperature reads 165 degrees.
To check the temperature, use an instant-read food thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a few of the largest chicken thighs, not touching bone.
To get a tiny bit more crunch, broil for 5 minutes - watching chicken closely so it doesn't burn.