Baked Ranch Chicken Thighs
Easy, crunchy, delicious Baked Ranch Chicken Thighs are a super simple one pot baked chicken thigh recipe everyone loves – bursting with ranch flavor in only five ingredients! Low carb, mess free, a deliciously crunchy crust, in a huge family favorite that is sure to make anyone a fan of chicken thighs in under 40 minutes!
I have a weird confession – I hate condiments. Ketchup, mustard (which, admittedly, I am allergic to), sour cream, mayonnaise, relish – I genuinely loathe all condiments. Especially salad dressing (the thick and creamy kinds, not specifically vinaigrettes. I love those.), which is sad, because I LOVE ranch dressing seasonings.
There is something about the tangy, zippy, bright, and salty ranch seasoning herbs that are totally addictive and crave-able – I can’t get enough!
I love ranch dressing seasonings in soups and casseroles, on pork chops and pasta, and on chicken thighs.
These Baked Ranch Chicken Thighs are bursting with delicious ranch dressing flavor – and are a snap to make, and also work into a low carb diet!
These chicken thighs are melt in your mouth delicious, and so easy – perfect for meal prep, dinner parties, potlucks, or busy weeknight dinners. They are great with rice or pasta, grilled veggies, or on their own! And they also taste delicious in sandwiches and salads for a truly versatile and easy chicken thigh recipe you will add to your weekly rotation time and time again!
Tips To Perfect Baked Chicken Thighs
-Pat chicken dry with paper towels – extra liquid and moisture on the chicken will keep the thighs from crisping.
-While you might want to trim off excessive fat, some fat is good on chicken thighs, even if you don’t usually like chicken fat. We’re cooking these chicken thighs long enough for the fat to render out and help make a crispy, crunchy outer crust – so don’t over-trim your chicken thighs.
-If you’re looking for additional crunchy chicken (especially important since we’re using skinless, boneless chicken thighs), you can pop the chicken thighs under the broiler for 2-4 minutes – be careful and watch the chicken closely to make sure it doesn’t burn.
-If you’re often not a fan of chicken thigh texture, unroll the chicken thighs so they lay flat. This will cook the chicken thighs more evenly, and ensure a crunchy surface on the entire thigh – which makes it completely irresistible, and a bit easier for people who usually shy away from dark meat chicken.
Other Easy Chicken Thigh Recipes You’ll Love:
If you love these easy baked ranch chicken thighs, you are going to love some of my other favorite chicken thigh dishes:
To Make These Easy Baked Ranch Chicken Thighs, You’ll Need:
Baked Ranch Chicken Thighs Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on facebook and pinterest!
- 4 to 6 chicken thighs (bone-in, with skin on)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 (1 oz.) packet dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (pressed)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cover a Baking sheet in foil, nonstick side up.
- Place the chicken thighs on the baking sheet, fattest side up.
- Generously season with salt and pepper.
- Bake Chicken for 25 minutes, when skin has started to crisp.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing mix with the olive oil and minced garlic and blend.
- Brush the ranch and oil mixture over the chicken thighs.
- Continue to cook chicken in oven until crispy and golden brown, and internal temperature reads 165 degrees.
- To check the temperature, use an instant-read food thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a few of the largest chicken thighs, not touching bone.
- To get a tiny bit more crunch, broil for 5 minutes - watching chicken closely so it doesn't burn.