Sheetpan Roasted Green Beans Almondine
Easy Roasted Green Beans Almondine are a delicious, simple, and crave-worthy side dish perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any big family dinner! Great for low carb, keto, and whole 30 diets too.
Green beans and big holiday dinners sort of go together, don’t they?
Green bean casserole is one of those traditional holiday must-serves – and a dish that is quite often loaded with heavy, soggy, goopy flavors that do little justice to the deliciously fresh and bright green bean flavors.
I love green beans – but I will admit the ubiquitous green bean casserole just isn’t really my thing. I love the rich, simple, and salty flavors you get from roasting green beans – and decided to up my green bean game this year with a deliciously slightly salty and sweet green bean almondine recipe that is so simple, it is bound to become your go-to star side dish at any big dinner.
Roasted Green Bean Flavor Options:
If you’re loving this super simple roasted green bean recipe, but want to kick up the flavor a bit, try some of these additional options:
-Add 1/4 cup lemon juice and the zest of one lemon to give a bright citrusy kick to the green beans
-Swap the shallots or onions for chunks of fresh garlic
-Lightly drizzle soy sauce and honey, mixed with a dash of sriracha, for a spicy asian-inspired take on these green beans.
-Sprinkle z’aatar spices over the green beans for an earthy, zesty kick!
For This Recipe, You’ll Need:
-Foil or Parchment Paper
Other Delicious Simple Side Dishes You’ll Love:
If you love these easy green beans, you should also try some of my other favorite simple side dishes:
Sheetpan Roasted Green Beans Almondine Recipe
- 1 shallot , Large or medium yellow onion sliced into very thin half-rounds
- 1 lb verts, frenched haricot
- 1 tbsp garlic , powder
- 1 tbsp salt, celtic sea
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup almonds, Blanched or thinly sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover a sheetpan with foil or parchment paper.
- Add green beans to sheet pan, and cover with thinly sliced shallot or onion.
- Drizzle olive oil, garlic powder, and salt over green beans.
- Top with almonds, mix with hands.
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes. If green beans are still firm, add another 5-10 minutes - you want green beans to be lightly browned (mostly at the ends) and the onions/shallots to be soft and lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 103 Sodium: 1168mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 2g