Bacon Broccoli Charred Salad
Jan 21, 2017, Updated Dec 31, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This keto and paleo friendly Bacon and Broccoli Charred Salad is a delicious, colorful side dish that is perfect alongside any of your favorite main dishes!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Quick and Easy Bacon Broccolini Charred Salad
While most people know broccoli and make it often, I have started to love making broccoli’s slightly more posh cousin – broccolini! Broccolini has become fashionable and trendy in many restaurants and is much more widely available than ever before thanks to its popularity.
It is a delicious alternative to broccoli, whose smoky and rich flavor is only magnified when slightly charred and paired with crispy, thick cut bacon in this bright and easy Charred Bacon and Broccolini Salad side dish!
How to make Bacon Broccolini Charred Salad
First assemble the following ingredients:
- Bacon – bacon is high in fat and flavor, I like to used smoked peppered bacon for an extra hit of spice.
- Broccolini – broccolini are like the cousin of traditional broccoli, they have longer stems and more body. you can substitute traditionally broccoli if you want.
- Cherry tomatoes – cherry tomatoes are a great way to add a sweet fresh bite and they are especially delicious when charred.
- Garlic – garlic has a strong pungent flavor and compliments the cherry tomatoes and broccolini well.
- Sea salt and Black pepper – this dynamic duo are important for seasoning this charred salad.
Once you have assembled the ingredients use the following method
Sauté. Cut the bacon and cook it in a large skillet until it just starts to brown. Add the broccolini and cook until it has softened stirring occasionally.
Add the extras. Once the broccolini has started to char on the ends add the cherry tomatoes, garlic, sea salt, and pepper. Cook until tomatoes start to pop, and garlic is fragrant.
Serve. Enjoy this hot alongside your favorite main dish, see our suggestions below.
Tips and Tricks for perfect Bacon Broccolini Charred Salad
Swap broccolini for broccoli. Broccolini is a meatier alternative to broccoli – and a little bit fancier than the shorter, squattier cousin. You can swap them for broccoli if you prefer.
Spice it up. You can turn the heat up on this side by adding a few pinches of red pepper flake to taste.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Yes, make sure you cut them down to a cherry tomato size and don’t cook too long since you don’t want a tomato sauce.
What to enjoy with your Bacon Broccolini Charred Salad
I love to enjoy this salad solo but it is especially enjoyable with these favorites.
Charred Bacon and Broccolini Salad Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 6 slices bacon, thick cut
- 2 lbs broccolini
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Cut bacon into small bits, about 1/4".
- Add bacon to pan and cook on medium high until lightly browned (do not cook all the way to crisp).
- Add broccolini and let soften, stirring only occasionally.
- Let broccolini slightly char on al sides (the tips will brown slightly- this gives an amazing rich and smoky flavor.)
- Add cherry tomatoes, garlic, sea salt, and pepper and cook until cherry tomatoes begin to pop and char.
- Serve hot alongside your favorite main dish!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Grind Gourmet Original Pump & Grind Cooking Gadgets, Salt and Pepper Grinder Set or Singles, Buy 1, Buy 2 or More, Solid Stainless, Red or Black.
Hotec Stainless Steel Kitchen Tongs Set of 2 - 9" and 12", Locking Metal Food Tongs Non-Slip Grip
EDGING CASTING Large 17 Inch Cast Iron Skillet, Pre-seasoned Dual Handle Cast Iron Baking, Pizza Pan, Outdoor Camping Skillet Seasoned Frying Pan，Use for Grill, Stovetop, Induction, Oven Safe Cookware
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 113Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 12mgSodium 636mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 5gSugar 3gProtein 8g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.