This Slow Cooker Creamy Sausage and Broccoli Cheese Soup is a comfort food classic with a twist, this delicious soup is super rich and delicious!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
- Slow Cooker Creamy Sausage and Broccoli Cheese Soup
- How to make Slow Cooker Creamy Sausage and Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Tips and Tricks to perfect Slow Cooker Creamy Sausage and Broccoli Cheese Soup
- What to enjoy with your Slow Cooker Creamy Sausage and Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Slow Cooker Creamy Sausage and Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
Slow Cooker Creamy Sausage and Broccoli Cheese Soup
I love delicious, rich, and creamy soups in winter. There’s nothing better than a hot, creamy and rich soup on a cold day. Soup tastes even better if all you need to do is add the ingredients to a crock pot and out comes a delicious, creamy, tasty soup!
One of my favorite soups ever is from Panera, this tastes just like Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup. The addition of crumbled sausage makes it even more delicious! This soup is so tasty, you’re going to make it all winter long… and its completely craveable any time of year.
How to make Slow Cooker Creamy Sausage and Broccoli Cheese Soup
First you will want to assemble the following ingredients:
- Breakfast sausage – you can use spicy or regular breakfast sausage that is browned and crumbled.
- Broccoli florets – broccoli holds together really well when cooked slowly which is why it’s ideal for this slow cooker soup.
- Carrots – carrots have a wonderful sweetness and soften slowly so they are also ideal for slow cookers.
- Velveeta – velveeta is a processed cheese product similar to American cheese. It melts easily and doesn’t get stringy so it can be cooking with the broccoli and sausage for a long time in the slow cooker.
- Beef stock – beef stock enhances the flavor of the breakfast sausage and gives a rich savory nature to this delicious soup.
- Garlic powder – garlic powder has a pungent taste similar to an onion. You can use fresh pressed garlic for a sharper taste.
- Cheddar cheese – you want to use shredded extra sharp cheddar.
Once you have assembled the ingredients use the following method.
Add Ingredients. Add the sausage, broccoli, carrots, velveeta cheese, beef stock, and garlic powder to the slow cooker.
Let it cook. Cook in the slow cooker for 4-6 hours on low or 3 hours on high. When the soup is melted and creamy add the cheddar cheese.
Serve. Top with the fresh cracked pepper and enjoy.
Tips and Tricks to perfect Slow Cooker Creamy Sausage and Broccoli Cheese Soup
Change up the cheese. You can try this recipe with a variety of different cheeses. You should always use soft or medium cheeses that will melt easily without getting too stringy.
It can sit longer. You don’t need to get this soup out of the slow cooker right when its softened. If you set it on low and let it cook for 6 hours, then sit on warm another 3 hours if you need it to cook while you are at work.
Leftover soup can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or in a pot on the stove.
Yes! This soup will freeze well. I freeze it in a freezer gallon bag and make sure you push any air out and mark the bag with the date before freezing.
What to enjoy with your Slow Cooker Creamy Sausage and Broccoli Cheese Soup
I love a good bread with this creamy sausage and broccoli cheese soup, try the best yeast rolls, easy buttermilk biscuits, no knead bread, or soft buttery dinner rolls.
You will absolutely love these salads alongside your creamy cheesy soup.
Click here to see all our slow cooker recipes!
Slow Cooker Creamy Sausage and Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Slow Cooker Creamy Sausage and Broccoli Cheese Soup
This rich and delicious sausage and broccoli soup is perfect for an easy appetizer or main.
- 8 oz breakfast sausage, browned and crumbled
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 8 oz velveeta, cubed
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large slow cooker, add sausage, broccoli, carrots, velveeta, beef stock, and garlic powder.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- When soup is melted and creamy, add cheddar cheese.
- Top with fresh cracked pepper and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Kitchen Accomplice Reduced Sodium Beef Broth Concentrate, 12 Ounce
Zulay Premium 12 Inch Stainless Steel Ladle with Comfortable Grip - Soup Ladle with Long Handle and Ample Bowl Capacity Perfect for Stirring, Serving Soups and More - Heavy-Duty Metal Ladle
Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S-A 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker with Digital Timer, Stainless Steel
Amount Per Serving Calories 270Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 61mgSodium 890mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 16g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
I’d like to “sign-up” but that doesn’t seem to be working… you have a great recipes 🙂
this soup will be a MUST DO 🙂
I really really like the idea of adding a spicy and hearty sausage to a broccoli cheese soup, that’s something I’ve never tried before! Great idea! Thanks for posting! Cheers!