Want delicious, incredibly easy to prepare meals that are paleo friendly, full of fresh ingredients, and work well for dinner parties or entertaining? I have been too, if you couldn't tell! These Steak & Sriracha Lettuce Wraps are a delicious, incredibly easy to make paleo dish that are fun to eat and can be on your plate in under 20 minutes!
I know that when I am trying to eat better, I have to cut out carbs, and increase my protein intake- or I become ravenously hungry and throw out all of my day's good work on a big carb-filled feast at night. Or I just get super grumpy. It's not my fault- I need protein! These lettuce wraps are a delicious way to fill you up without getting all carb-craving crazy though. They are fun to eat, visually stimulating (yes, food when you are trying to lose weight needs to look good, too), and work really well for dinner parties or entertaining.
I made these individually, but you could also set out a table full of fillings and encourage guests to make their own wrap! This recipe would work perfectly for a wrap station- add extra garnishes like sweet peppers, sprouts, fajita chicken, raw diced onions, sauteed eggplant, chopped blanched almonds- whatever you'd like to add as an accent!
While sriracha is hot, this recipe isn't incredibly spicy- but I suggest starting with a little sriracha and adding more as you go so you don't end up with something spicier than you prefer. You can always add more- but you can't take the heat away. So add it by drizzling in- not measuring out teaspoonfuls.
- 1 lb fajita strips, diced into 1/2" bites
- large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp coconut aminos, you can use soy sauce or tamari too, but they contain soy and are not paleo
- drizzle, sesame oil
- green onions, to garnish
- handful pea shoots
- large iceberg, romaine or other lettuce leaves
- In a hot pan, add oil and heat until shimmery (30 seconds to 1 minute)
- Add fajita meat and cook on high for about 2 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Add onions and peppers and continue to cook on high, occasionally tossing, until browned- about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, then sesame oil, sriracha, and coconut aminos and pea shoots.
- When steak and veggies are well coated and sauce has been absorbed, remove from heat.
- Spoon into lettuce cups and top with diced green onions.
- Serve warm and enjoy!