Tahini roasted cauliflower is a flavorful and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for a healthy and delicious meal or side dish - it is salty, nutty, a bit sweet, and full of flavor.
This post is sponsored by Vibe Israel. All opinions are 100% my own.
I was invited by Vibe to experience the flavors of Israel for a weeklong food tour, and absolutely loved every delicious second in the country - Israel has some of the best food on earth - from traditional Arabic foods, to European Jewish classics, to dishes from America, Asia, South America - and even Australia and the South Pacific! Israel is truly a melting pot full of cuisine from all over.
Don't want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini, Almonds, Cranberries
The cauliflower is roasted until tender and caramelized, then coated in a tangy tahini sauce made with lemon juice, garlic, and other seasonings. The dish is then finished off with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and toasted sesame seeds for added flavor and texture.
Tahini roasted cauliflower is a great way to enjoy the nutty and creamy flavor of Tahini Sauce, while also getting the nutritional benefits of cauliflower. It is also vegan and gluten-free, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions. Whether enjoyed as a main dish or served as a side, tahini roasted cauliflower is a tasty and satisfying way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet!
This dish was inspired by a roasted cauliflower I ate every morning at the Hotel 65 in Tel Aviv - Hotel 65 has one of the best breakfasts on earth (their buffet is packed with cheeses, olives, fresh baked breads, salads, meat, and they also offer a made-to-order breakfast and gourmet coffee) - it was the best way to start the day.
Tel Aviv is truly one of the most delicious cities I've ever visited - Israel is truly a melting pot of world cuisine, with Arabic classics alongside every cuisine you could think of - and an emphasis on fresh ingredients. If you're looking for the foodie trip of a lifetime, look no further than Israel! You can truly travel the world in a few blocks in Tel Aviv - and find just about anything you're craving on the menu.
One of my favorite things to tuck into in Israel were the typical Israeli breakfasts - Israel has a focus on fresh, with lots of roasted vegetables, salads, Mediterranean and Levantine classics.
How to Make Tahini Roasted Cauliflower
To make this recipe, we will need the following ingredients:
- Cauliflower: This is the main ingredient of the dish and provides a mild, nutty flavor and a meaty texture when roasted.
- Tahini sauce: This is the key ingredient in the dish and provides a creamy, nutty flavor to the roasted cauliflower. It is made from ground sesame seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt.
- Lemon juice: This adds a tangy flavor to the dish and helps to balance out the richness of the tahini sauce.
- Garlic: This adds a pungent and savory flavor to the dish and complements the nutty flavor of the tahini sauce.
- Olive oil: This is used to coat the cauliflower and helps to ensure that it roasts evenly and develops a golden brown crust.
- Salt and pepper: These are used to season the cauliflower and bring out its natural flavor.
- Fresh parsley: This is used as a garnish for the dish and adds a fresh, herbaceous flavor.
- Toasted sliced almonds and craisins: These are used as a garnish for the dish and add a nutty and crunchy texture and a pop of bright red color and a touch of sweet, tart flavor.
Once you've gathered your ingredients, we will use the following process:
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with olive oil, salt, and pepper until evenly coated.
- Bake. Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until tender and golden brown. While the cauliflower is roasting, make the tahini sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini sauce, lemon juice, and minced garlic until smooth.
- Toss. Once the cauliflower is done roasting, remove it from the oven and transfer it to a large bowl. Pour the tahini sauce over the cauliflower and toss to coat evenly. Add the sliced almonds and craisins to the bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Serve. Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a serving platter and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Tahini Roasted Cauliflower
Use a large enough baking sheet: Make sure to use a baking sheet that is large enough to accommodate the cauliflower florets in a single layer. This will help ensure that the cauliflower roasts evenly and develops a golden brown crust.
Cut the cauliflower into even-sized florets: Cut the cauliflower into even-sized florets so that they cook at the same rate. This will help ensure that the cauliflower is cooked through and tender, without becoming mushy.
Don't overcrowd the baking sheet: Make sure to leave some space between the cauliflower florets on the baking sheet. Overcrowding the baking sheet can cause the cauliflower to steam instead of roast, resulting in a soggy and less flavorful dish.
Use high-quality tahini sauce: The tahini sauce is a key component of this dish, so it's important to use a high-quality tahini sauce. Look for tahini that is smooth, creamy, and has a rich, nutty flavor. Use our Tahini Sauce recipe for best results.
Toast the almonds: Toasting the sliced almonds before adding them to the dish will enhance their nutty flavor and give them a crunchy texture. Simply spread the sliced almonds on a baking sheet and toast in a 350°F oven for 5-7 minutes, or until lightly golden.
Add the craisins at the end: Add the craisins to the dish after roasting the cauliflower and tossing it with the tahini sauce. This will prevent the craisins from becoming too soft and mushy.
Frozen cauliflower can be used instead of fresh cauliflower, but it may not be as crispy and flavorful as fresh cauliflower. If using frozen cauliflower, make sure to thaw and drain it well before roasting.
Tahini roasted cauliflower can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat the leftovers in the oven or microwave before serving.
Yes, you can use a different type of nut instead of almonds, such as walnuts, pecans, or pistachios. Just make sure to toast the nuts before adding them to the dish for maximum flavor.
Yes, the craisins can be omitted if you prefer a savory dish without any sweetness. Alternatively, you can add other dried fruit, such as raisins or chopped dates, for a similar flavor.
Yes, the tahini sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Just whisk it well before using it to coat the roasted cauliflower.
What to Serve With Tahini Roasted Cauliflower
Rice: Serve the roasted cauliflower over a bed of rice or Wild Rice Pilaf, such as jasmine rice or basmati rice, for a filling and satisfying meal.
Salad: Serve the roasted cauliflower alongside a crisp and refreshing salad, such as a cucumber and tomato salad or an Israeli Salad.
Hummus: Serve the roasted cauliflower with a side of hummus or Baba Ganoush for a Mediterranean-inspired meal.
Pita bread: Serve the roasted cauliflower with warm pita bread for a delicious and easy-to-eat meal.
Falafel: Serve the roasted cauliflower with falafel and a side of tahini sauce for a complete and satisfying meal.
Grilled chicken: Serve the roasted cauliflower alongside grilled chicken or tofu for a protein-packed meal.
Lamb chops: Israel has some of the best lamb you'll find - and a simple Garlic Butter Lamb Chops dinner is perfect with roasted cauliflower.
Couscous: Serve the roasted cauliflower with a side of couscous for a Moroccan-inspired meal, or try an Herbed Feta Baked Chickpea Skillet for a bit of a heartier warm dish.
For more of our Israeli inspired recipes, find our favorite recent posts below:
Tahini Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Click here to view the web story for this recipe!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Tahini Roasted Cauliflower
Delicious savory roasted cauliflower with a creamy tahini sauce, sweet craisins, and crunchy almonds!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons za'atar spices
- ¼ cup tahini sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with olive oil, salt, za'atar, and pepper until evenly coated.
- Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until tender and golden brown.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, make the tahini sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini sauce, lemon juice, and minced garlic until smooth.
- Once the cauliflower is done roasting, remove it from the oven and transfer it to a large bowl. Pour the tahini sauce over the cauliflower and toss to coat evenly.
- Add the sliced almonds and craisins to the bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a serving platter and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
The Spice Way - Real Zaatar with Hyssop spice blend | 4 oz | (No Thyme that is used as an hyssop substitute). With sumac. No Additives, No Perservatives, (Za'atar/zatar/zahtar/zahatar/za atar)
Beirut Tahini Sesame Paste 2 Lb (32 Oz)
Salad Pizazz! Almond Toppings, Honey Roasted with Cranberries - Snack Mix and Salad Topping - 3.5 Ounce (3.5 OZ) Resealable Bag(Package May Vary)
Amount Per Serving Calories 254Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 0mgSodium 103mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 5gSugar 11gProtein 7g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Leave a Reply