This crunchy and delicious Thai Chicken Salad is bursting with flavor that will satisfy your craving for a crisp Asian meal that’s sure make your day.
Crispy and Delicious Thai Chicken Salad
There is nothing better than a crispy and crunchy Thai Chicken Salad to satisfy the craving for a healty and delicious main course salad that will fuel your day without weighing you down.
During hot days, a chilled salad is the perfect meal. Mix up your salad cuisine with this Asian-inspired twist.
The combination of a tangy ginger dressing, crisp cabbage, the brightness of red bell pepper, and delicious shredded chicken is the perfect way to make a salad. It’s so easy!
How to Make Thai Chicken Salad
For this recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Cole Slaw Mix – Standard cole slaw mix is a great staple to keep in your kitchen. Generally it will be mostly cabbage based. Cabbage is a great part of a healty diet, and cole slaw mix keeps well!
- Shredded chicken – You can buy chicken that’s already shredded, but also try my shredded chicken recipe. I make a big batch of shredded chicken when doing meal prep and then use it in a ton of different recipes.
- Chopped Red Bell Pepper – Red bell peppers not only add sweetness and brightness to a recipe, they are also packed with vitamins and minerals. I chop these bell peppers finely to allow them to distribute evenly throughout this salad.
- Chopped Red Onion – Red onions are perfect to use in salads or in other recipes where uncooked onions are used. In addition to a pop of color, they add a sweeter and milder onion flavor to a dish.
- Chopped Green Onions – Green onions, also known as scallions, are great to add to a variety of dishes. Unlike other onions, we use the greens of green onions in dishes rather than the bulbs.
- Chopped cilantro (optional) – Cilantro is an herb that can add a lot of flavor to dishes. It seems though, that the people who love cilantro really love it, and those who do not like it really don’t. If you’re not a cilantro lover, consider squirting a bit of lime juice over the assembled salad to pump up the flavor.
- Salt and pepper to taste – Although there will be some salt in the chicken (depending on your preparation) and in the dressing, sometimes a bit ans salt and pepper can take this recipe to the next level.
- Ginger dressing – Most grocery stores have ginger dressings in their salad dressing aisles. Also check the refrigerated section (by the produce) because sometimes there are good options there as well!
Once you’ve gathered all the ingredients, use the follow method to prepare:
- Either make chicken according to this recipe, or buy shredded chicken.
- Seed and chop the red bell pepper. Skin and chop the red onion. Chop the green onion into small pieces. Chop cilantro into thin ribbons.
- Add all ingredients to a large salad bowl. Drizzle with ginger dressing and toss.
Tips and Tricks To Perfect Thai Chicken Salad & FAQs
Keep dressing separate until serving. If you’re making this to pack in lunches, combine all the ingredients in one container and bring the dressing in another. I prefer this salad if it’s dressed right before eating!
Add peanuts! Try adding a few chopped peanuts to this salad to add even more crunch and flavor!
Only dress salad you will eat right away. Dress only a part of the salad at a time if you’re planning for leftovers, put the remaining salad in the fridge and dress it right before using it. Cabbage is a very forgiving green, so this salad will stay fresh and yummy for days!
Make it a wrap! Check out our Easy Thai Chicken Salad Wrap here.
This recipe can last in the refrigerator for four days in an airtight container.
Because this salad contains chicken, it should be discarded if it’s at room temperature for more than two hours. That said, in the fridge these ingredients can last for up to three days.
If you’re looking for a place to cut calories in this salad, but retain all the goodness of the veggies and lean protein of the chicken, look to the dressing. I would suggest sprinkling this salad with a rice wine vinegar, some lime juice, and a little olive oil if you’re looking to cut calories or carbs.
What to Serve With Thai Chicken Salad
Thai chicken salad is a light, summery dish that is delicious alongside tons of main dishes – or with fruit recipes that won’t weigh you down.
For some deliciously light and sweet fruit recipes, find our recent favorites below:
Thai Chicken Salad Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
- 1 pound coleslaw mix
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Ginger salad dressing, of your choice
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the salad. Mix thoroughly. Enjoy!
Cilantro is optional, but it definitely adds extra flavor!
Amount Per Serving Calories 86Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 16mgSodium 1208mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 9g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.