Easy Thai Chicken Salad Wrap
Jan 06, 2023, Updated Nov 28, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you love chicken salad and Thai food this super simple Thai chicken salad wrap is bursting with flavor and is a great high protein meal on the go.
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Fresh Peanut Chicken Salad Wraps
Nothing beats crunchy spicy Thai chicken salad wrap for a filling main dish that doesn’t weigh you down. I love these wraps for those days when I have a lot going on and need a high protein lunch I can throw together quickly and easily.
These chicken salad wraps are perfect for hot weather when you don’t want to heat up the house but want a rich and flavorful bite.
The combination of a tangy ginger dressing, crisp cabbage, the brightness of red bell pepper, and delicious shredded chicken is the perfect way to make a salad. It’s so easy!
How to Make Thai Chicken Salad Wraps
For this recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Cole Slaw Mix – Standard coleslaw mix is a great staple to keep in your kitchen. Generally it will be mostly cabbage based. Cabbage is a great part of a healthy diet, and coleslaw mix keeps well!
- Shredded chicken – You can buy chicken that’s already shredded, but also try my shredded chicken recipe. I make a big batch of shredded chicken when doing meal prep and then use it in a ton of different recipes.
- Chopped Red Bell Pepper – Red bell peppers not only add sweetness and brightness to a recipe, they are also packed with vitamins and minerals. I chop these bell peppers finely to allow them to distribute evenly throughout the chicken salad.
- Chopped Red Onion – Red onions are perfect to use in salads or in other recipes where uncooked onions are used. In addition to a pop of color, they add a sweeter and milder onion flavor to a dish.
- Chopped Green Onions – Green onions, also known as scallions, are great to add to a variety of dishes. Unlike other onions, we use the greens of green onions in dishes rather than the bulbs.
- Chopped cilantro (optional) – Cilantro is an herb that can add a lot of flavor to dishes. It seems though, that the people who love cilantro really love it, and those who do not like it really don’t. If you’re not a cilantro lover, consider squirting a bit of lime juice over the assembled salad to pump up the flavor.
- Salt and pepper to taste – Although there will be some salt in the chicken (depending on your preparation) and in the dressing, sometimes a bit and salt and pepper can take this recipe to the next level.
- Ginger dressing – Most grocery stores have ginger dressings in their salad dressing aisles. Also check the refrigerated section (by the produce) because sometimes there are good options there as well!
- Spinach Tortillas – Tortillas are the perfect carrier for this amazing chicken salad. I like to use spinach tortillas to get even more greens in each bite, you can use regular tortillas if you prefer.
Once you’ve gathered all the ingredients, use the follow method to prepare:
- Either make chicken according to this recipe or buy shredded chicken.
- Seed and chop the red bell pepper. Skin and chop the red onion. Chop the green onion into small pieces. Chop cilantro into thin ribbons.
- Add all ingredients to a large salad bowl. Drizzle with ginger dressing and toss.
- Lay the tortillas out and put one mounded cup of the chicken salad mixture in the center. Fold in the side of the tortilla and wrap.
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Thai Chicken Salad Wraps
Thai Chicken Salad Wraps are super easy to make, here are some tips and tricks for mastering the recipe and keeping leftovers.
Tip 1 – If you’re making this to pack in lunches, combine all the ingredients in one container and bring the dressing in another and tortilla separate. I prefer this chicken salad wrap if it’s dressed right before wrapping and eating!
Tip 2 – Try adding a few chopped peanuts to this wrap to add even more crunch and flavor!
Tip 3 – Dress only a part of the salad at a time if you’re planning for leftovers, put the remaining salad in the fridge and dress it right before using it. Cabbage is a very forgiving green, so this salad will stay fresh and yummy for days!
Because these wraps contain chicken, they should be discarded if they are at room temperature for more than two hours. That said, in the fridge these ingredients can last for up to three days.
If you’re looking for a place to cut calories but retain all the goodness of the veggies and lean protein of the chicken, look to the dressing. I would substitute sprinkling the chicken salad with a rice wine vinegar, some lime juice, and a little olive oil if you’re looking to cut calories or carbs.
What to Serve With Thai Chicken Salad Wraps
Thai Chicken Salad Wraps Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media and get in on all the fun!
- 1 pound coleslaw mix
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Ginger salad dressing, of your choice
- 6 Spinach Tortillas
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the salad. Mix thoroughly.
- Lay tortillas out flat, put 1 mounded cup of the mixture in the center, fold in the sides and wrap.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Annie's Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette Dressing, Certified Organic, Non-GMO, 8 fl oz
Mission Carb Balance Spinach Herb Tortilla Wraps, 8 Count, Low Carb, Keto, High Fiber, No Sugar
Gorilla Grip Stainless Steel Silicone Tongs for Cooking, Set of 2, Includes 9 and 12 Inch Locking Kitchen Tong, Heat Resistant Tip, Strong Grip for Meat, Perfect for Nonstick Pans, BBQ, Red
Pyrex Smart Essentials 4-Quart Glass Mixing Bowl
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 532Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 70mgSodium 678mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 4gSugar 9gProtein 24g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.