The Best Easy Air Fried Asparagus Recipe
Jun 08, 2021, Updated Aug 10, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
The Best Easy Air Fried Asparagus Recipe – delicious keto, crispy, crunchy asparagus right from your air fryer!
This air fryer asparagus is delicious, with some crispy, crunchy bits – without adding any carbs or breading – thanks to an air fryer!
We’re using the air fryer’s high heat to quickly move hot air around the asparagus to crisp it without turning it mushy – and adding a ton of flavor.
This asparagus is a little salty, a little earthy, a little buttery – and totally delicious.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
How To Trim Asparagus
Pat asparagus completely dry – with a paper towel or kitchen towel – before prepping this recipe.
To trim asparagus, I grab a stalk and lightly bend into a horseshoe shape.
Asparagus should snap just above the woody base. I then lay the snapped asparagus down next to the rest of the bunch, and cut off the base of the asparagus in the same spot.
You can also eyeball this – trim off the bottom 1-2″ depending on the size of your stalks.
Thicker stalks will need more trimmed off to be sure you’re not preparing the tough, woody, and stringy base.
Thin stalks tend to not be as tough, so you’ll cut less.
What Temperature To Air Fry Asparagus At
To get the best asparagus, opt for the highest temperature your air fryer will go.
Be sure to check your asparagus a couple times as it cooks, and shake the air fryer basket a few times to make sure it’s evenly cooking and crisping.
- 350 – about 15 minutes
- 400 – about 12 minutes
- 450 – about 10 minutes
Asparagus is done when it is bright green, with a bit of give, but isn’t mushy and has a bit of charring and crisp edges.
What Air Fryer to Use For Asparagus
We use a Ninja Foodi with the air fryer basket for most of our air fried foods, since we love the big basket that is easy to use – and we love how powerful their broiler lid is.
You can use any air fryer or pressure cooker like an Instant Pot if it has a crisping/broiling lid and air fry functionality.
This recipe can be stored for up to four days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
We do not recommend freezing, as asparagus tends to get overly mushy when thawing.
The Best Easy Air Fried Asparagus Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed off
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tsp garlic salt or garlic powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt, celtic (skip if using garlic salt)
- 1 tsp pepper, fresh cracked
- Preheat air fryer to the highest heat available (we prefer 450 degrees, but go as high as your model allows)
- Trim asparagus to remove tough, woody ends - discard ends.
- In a dish or on a plate, drizzle asparagus with olive oil and lemon juice, mix around with hands to coat evenly.
- Generously season with salt and pepper.
- Place asparagus in air fryer and roast for 10-15 minutes - checking at around 5 and 10 minutes to see if tips have started to brown slightly and asparagus has softened a bit and shake air fryer basket to move asparagus.
- Cook until asparagus is lightly soft and has crunchy browned bits, about 15 minutes total (this is very dependent on your air fryer and the thickness of the asparagus stalks - watch it to be sure it doesn't overcook.)
- When asparagus is done, serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 137Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 0mgSodium 2754mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 1g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.