One Pot Italian Chicken and Vegetables Skillet
Bursting with bright color and flavor, this One Pot Italian Chicken and Vegetables Skillet is a family favorite that is low carb and healthy, and easy enough for a busy weeknight!
When we’re at home and need dinner quick, I have an arsenal of easy, delicious, and veggie-packed one pot dishes I like to turn to so I can get a delicious, hearty, and healthy meal on the table.
Time and time again, I turn to this incredibly simple and easy Italian chicken and Vegetable Skillet because it is a snap to prepare, tastes great, and works with tons of other meals as leftovers.
This versatile dinner is superb over rice or pasta, into a baked potato, or on it’s own. It also goes great in wraps, sandwiches, or over salads for an easy meal prep idea to take to work!
This dish is a perpetual favorite of mine because it is really customizeable.
You can change the vegetables to anything you have on hand, and swap out the Italian herbs for something different. You can pour a sauce over it (I’m partial to a creamy alfredo) and toss it with pasta, or some creole seasonings and pair it with rice.
Italian Chicken and Vegetables Variations to Try
This One Pot Italian Chicken and Vegetables Dinner is my absolute favorite easy dinner – but I know that my love for certain vegetables isn’t universal. If you’re not super excited about one of the veggies you see here, I have some great, delicious swap ideas for you!
-If you don’t like mushrooms, try swapping for diced eggplant or zucchini.
-If you’re cutting carbs and don’t love tomatoes, swap for a diced red bell pepper.
-If you don’t love broccoli, try peas, green beans, or even carrots!
To Make This Recipe, You’ll Need:
Other Easy One Pot Chicken Dishes You’ll Love:
If you love this deliciously simple one pot Italian chicken and vegetables dinner, you’ll love these other easy, quick, and satisfying chicken dinners:
Be sure to click through each recipe for the printable instructions – they are all fan favorites and in regular rotation in my household! Plus, just like this one pot Italian chicken and vegetables recipe, they are all low-carb diet compatible, and work with keto, paleo, whole 30, and other clean eating meal plans, making this a super healthy and indulgent dinner!
One Pot Italian Chicken and Veggies Skillet Recipe
If you love this easy one pot Italian chicken and veggies skillet recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 2 tbsp clarified butter or olive oil
- 1 tbsp celtic seas salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half to make 2" thick across
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed, and sliced thin
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 crown broccoli, trimmed and cut into small bites
- 2 tbsp italian seasoning blend
- 2 tbsp white wine or stock
- In a large pan, add butter or oil and heat on medium high until shimmery.
- Generously season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to pan, and cook to golden brown, turning often to prevent burning (about 6 minutes).
- Add vegetables to pan, stir.
- Cook vegetable and chicken on medium high until chicken is golden brown and cooked to 150 degrees internal temperature and vegetables are soft and browned.
- Season with Italian spices, mix well to coat.
- Add wine or chicken stock to pan and let fully reduce, about 4 minutes.
- Chicken will be 165 internal temperature when done.
- Remove from heat and serve with salad, pasta, rice, or any other side dish you love!