Bursting with bright color and flavor, this One Pot Italian Chicken and Vegetables Skillet is a family favorite that is low carb and healthy, and easy enough for a busy weeknight!
Don't want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
When we're at home and need dinner quick, I have an arsenal of easy, delicious, and veggie-packed one pot dishes I like to turn to so I can get a delicious, hearty, and healthy meal on the table.
Time and time again, I turn to this incredibly simple and easy Italian chicken and Vegetable Skillet because it is a snap to prepare, tastes great, and works with tons of other meals as leftovers.
This versatile dinner is superb over rice or pasta, into a baked potato, or on it's own. It also goes great in wraps, sandwiches, or over salads for an easy meal prep idea to take to work!
This dish is a perpetual favorite of mine because it is really customizeable.
You can change the vegetables to anything you have on hand, and swap out the Italian herbs for something different. You can pour a sauce over it (I'm partial to a creamy alfredo) and toss it with pasta, or some creole seasonings and pair it with rice.
To Make This Recipe, You'll Need:
-Large skillet or frying pan
-Sharp chef's knife and boning knife
-Italian Herb Seasonings
Italian Chicken and Vegetables Variations to Try
This One Pot Italian Chicken and Vegetables Dinner is my absolute favorite easy dinner - but I know that my love for certain vegetables isn't universal. If you're not super excited about one of the veggies you see here, I have some great, delicious swap ideas for you!
-Try swapping for diced eggplant or zucchini.
-Cut carbs if you don't love tomatoes, swap for a diced red bell pepper.
-If you don't love broccoli, try peas, green beans, or even carrots!
Sides to Enjoy with your Chicken Vegetable Skillet
Try the following sides with this skillet:
If you love this deliciously simple one pot Italian chicken and vegetables dinner, you'll love these other easy, quick, and satisfying chicken dinners like Stuffed Chicken Parmesan, One Pot Bacon Garlic Chicken and Spinach Dinner, Cheesy Stuffed Chicken Florentine Skillet Recipe, and One Pot Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Mushrooms.
One Pot Italian Chicken and Veggies Skillet Recipe
If you love this easy one pot Italian chicken and veggies skillet recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Bursting with bright color and flavor, this One Pot Italian Chicken and Veggies Skillet is a family favorite that is low carb and healthy, and easy enough for a busy weeknight!
- 2 tablespoon clarified butter or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon celtic seas salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half to make 2" thick across
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed, and sliced thin
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 crown broccoli, trimmed and cut into small bites
- 2 tablespoon italian seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoon white wine or stock
- In a large pan, add butter or oil and heat on medium high until shimmery.
- Generously season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to pan, and cook to golden brown, turning often to prevent burning (about 6 minutes).
- Add vegetables to pan, stir.
- Cook vegetable and chicken on medium high until chicken is golden brown and cooked to 150 degrees internal temperature and vegetables are soft and browned.
- Season with Italian spices, mix well to coat.
- Add wine or chicken stock to pan and let fully reduce, about 4 minutes.
- Chicken will be 165 internal temperature when done.
- Remove from heat and serve with salad, pasta, rice, or any other side dish you love!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Amount Per Serving Calories 228Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 76mgSodium 1290mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 26g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.