This tropical mango noodle salad is a perfect treat on a warm summer day - fresh, simple, and so delicious!
I've been loving the new contributors on Sweet C's we've been having- so many colorful, bright, and delicious ideas that we've seen so far from this amazingly talented group of women (and the one guy I roped in, who just so happens to live under the same roof.)
Today I am really excited to introduce Richa of My Food Story. Richa is a self-taught cook in Bangalore, India who focuses on fresh, fast meals that I just can't get enough of! Please help me welcome Richa and be sure to follow her on her social media links at the bottom of the post!
I'm a huge mango fan and we have plenty of them around right now, and I've been using them in pretty much everything, including this salad which gets made in the house at least thrice a week along with fresh mango bell pepper spring rolls!
Because mangoes in salad are awesome. They are that little surprise which will take you aback when you bite into them. I love the crunch in this salad from all the cucumbers, carrots, lettuce and peanuts. It's as tropical as it gets, though I decided to give the obvious pineapple a miss! For some reason, I much prefer mangoes to pineapple and swap them in recipes whenever I can.
And we haven't even got to the dressing yet - which is extremely easy, and doesn't require you running to the grocery store. It uses some orange marmalade as a base with some mustard, sriracha, lemon juice, olive oil and honey. And it's genius! The subtle orange flavor is exactly what you need to bring this salad together.
This recipe is incredibly simple and so versatile. Don't have carrots? Substitute with bell peppers which are also crazy good in this salad. We've also made this with wild rice instead of noodles and it's still perfect. I'm thinking some soy marinated beef would work really well too instead of chicken. You see, the possibilities are endless!
Only thing, don't skip the mangoes because they are definitely the star of this dish along with that dressing which will get you licking your fingers. Are you a mango lover too? Check out these Oats crusted fish tacos with mango salsa and my cucumber noodle prawn and mango salad for some more healthy mango recipes!
This tropical noodle mango salad is quick, easy and very refreshing, which makes it perfect for summer barbecue season!
For the dressing:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Orange Marmalade
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Lemons, juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
For the salad:
- 1 package, 8 ounces Green Leaf Lettuce, chopped
- 2 Mangoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Cucumbers, spiralized or cut into strips
- 1 Carrot, spiralized or cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cup poached and diced Chicken Breast
- 1/4 cup chopped Peanuts
- 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a mason jar and shake to combine till the dressing emulsifies. Alternatively, you can add them to a blender and blend.
- To assemble the salad, add all the ingredients to a large bowl and drizzle with the dressing. Toss well and serve immediately.
- If serving later, combine all the ingredients under salad and refrigerate. Add the dressing just before serving or the salad will become soggy.
Amount Per Serving Calories 261Saturated Fat 2gSodium 380mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 4gSugar 21gProtein 3g