White Cheese Hamburger Queso Dip Recipe – delicious ground beef and roasted pepper flavor in creamy, rich melted white cheese!
This delicious easy dip is loaded with flavor – and crazy easy to make.
If you can melt and stir cheese, you can make this queso!
We hope you love this cheesy dip as much as we do.
Here at Sweet C’s, we have lots of types of readers – those who like to get straight to the recipe, and those who would like more information, including tips and tricks to feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Tips To Perfect Queso
How To Keep Queso From Separating
Queso can separate, so here are our tips to keep your queso velvety smooth if you have any problems with your queso breaking.
- Make a roux with flour or a cornstarch slurry and stir in to queso – starch helps to keep fat from separating.
- Stir in an emulsifier – mustard powder helps.
Shred The Cheese
We always recommend chopping, shredding, or even tearing cheese apart to make more surface area so cheese can melt quickly and more evenly.
What Cheese To Use For Queso
There are some cheeses that work beautifully in queso – cheese that has the right fat and moisture content to melt, without seizing up or getting too oily.
- White cheddar
- Cheddar cheese
We love crumbling a little cotija cheese (preferably very cold, gives a great temperature twist when eating) on top of queso – but since it doesn’t melt well, we use it more as a topping than the creamy cheese base.
Other Delicious Dips You’ll Love
If you love dunking wings, chips, and vegetables in dip, we’re sharing some of our favorites.
You can find our dip recipe archives here.
White Cheese Hamburger Queso Dip Recipe
If you love this easy recipe, please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
White Cheese Hamburger Queso Dip Recipe - delicious ground beef and roasted pepper flavor in creamy, rich melted white cheese!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup green chile sauce
- 10 oz cacique enchilado or oaxaca cheese (or other mild white melting cheese), shredded or cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, fiesta blend, or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crema
- Cilantro, to garnish
- 1 jalapeno, sliced, optional to garnish
- 1/4 cup cotija, to garnish
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown and crumble ground beef until browned, about 5 minutes.
- When beef is almost completely browned, season with garlic powder and 1 tablespoon taco or fajita seasoning (if using a packet, use 1/2 the packet.)
- Remove beef from pan and set aside.
- Add olive oil to pan and scrape up any browned bits of beef as oil heats, until light and shimmery.
- Add diced onion and bell pepper to pan and cook until soft and lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Toss shredded cheese in cornstarch.
- Stir in green chile sauce and shredded cheese, being sure to vigorously stir as cheese melts.
- Stir in crema and keep stirring vigorously while cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and let cool and slightly thicken, about 4 minutes.
- Top with fresh sliced jalapenos, cilantro, and cotija cheese crumbles.
To make this queso even lower carb, reduce onion and peppers by half.
Serving Size1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 355Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 87mgSodium 501mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 22g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet C’s Favorites
If you love this recipe, please check out some of our top posts!
These tried and true reader favorites are well loved for their family friendly flavor that everyone loves!