Orzo With Sun Dried Tomatoes and Basil Pesto
Easy one pot Orzo With Sun Dried Tomatoes and Basil Pesto is a light vegan side dish everyone loves – slightly spicy, a little salty, and packed with sun dried tomato and pesto flavor in a quick pasta salad that is perfect for picnics, parties, or alongside fish, steak, chicken, or pork.
I love pasta salads – they are easy, quick, delicious, and full of flavor – but also perfectly portable, great hot or cold, and can work as a side dish, mixed into a salad, or even a complete meal when served bowl-style with grilled vegetables, chicken, fish, steak, or pork!
While I love to make pasta salad, I really really love to make orzo pasta salads – the shape of the orzo is fun and easy to serve, and orzo cooks so quickly it’s great for a super-quick dish everyone loves!
This easy one pot Orzo With Sun Dried Tomatoes and Basil Pesto is full of my favorite flavors – bright and salty pesto, tangy pepperoncinis, and tart sun dried tomatoes. It is totally crave-worthy and takes less than 10 minutes to make – just boil the pasta, toss, and serve!
This easy and delicious side dish is perfect for picnics, potlucks, impromptu dinner parties, and great for meal prep for busy weeks – add grilled chicken, steak, or pork for a delicious meaty pasta that is great even cold for a filling and hearty meal on the go!
Other Easy One Pot Side Dishes You’ll Love:
Orzo With Sun Dried Tomatoes and Basil Pesto Recipe
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups pesto
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced thin
- ½ cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- In a large pot, boil 4 cups water.
- Add orzo and boil pasta to al dente.
- Drain well.
- In a large bowl, add orzo and the rest of the ingredients and stir, tossing to be sure it coats the pasta evenly.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight.
- Serve with chicken, fish, steak, or mix into a salad for a delicious pasta salad!