Air Fryer Longhorn Steakhouse Parmesan Crusted Steak
Feb 13, 2022, Updated Jun 21, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Do you like Longhorn Steakhouse? If so, you’re going to love this copycat Longhorn Steakhouse Parmesan Crusted Steak.
Thinking about Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner?! Save your money and make this copycat Longhorn Steakhouse Parmesan Crusted Steak instead. It tastes just like the restaurant.
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Copycat Longhorn Steakhouse Parmesan Crusted Steak
Tender, juicy steak with a parmesan crusted topping, this copycat meal is sure to impress your whole family. It’s tender with a bit of crunch, and packed with flavor.
Although this recipe may sound fancy and complicated, you don’t have to worry because it’s actually quick and easy. In fact, your steak will be ready to devour in less than 45-minutes.
How To Make Longhorn Steakhouse Parmesan Crusted Steak
Tender and juicy on the inside and crunchy on the outside, this parmesan crusted steak is delicious, quick and easy to whip up. Here’s what you need to get started:
- Steak– For this recipe, we used 1 ½ inch thick sirloin steaks.
- Grape seed oil– Grapeseed oil has a high smoke point and is favored for this recipe but can be substituted with extra virgin olive oil.
- Parmesan– You’ll need both shredded parmesan and grated parmesan for this recipe.
- Seasonings– Course sea salt, cracked black pepper, chopped parsley, and a ranch seasoning packet are all used to add a complex layer of flavor to your steak.
- Panko bread crumbs– These give you a crispy topping to your steak.
- Butter– Let your butter sit on the counter for about 30-minutes prior to beginning this recipe to allow it to soften.
- Minced garlic– We used fresh garlic cloves, but you could also use 5 teaspoons of dried minced garlic.
- Provolone cheese– A slice of provolone cheese on top of the steak melts and holds the parmesan crust topping to the steak.
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, it’s time to cook your steak and make the topping! Follow the steps below for an irresistibly delicious steak dinner.
- First, brush your steak generously with grapeseed oil. Then, season it well with salt and pepper on all sides. Allow the steak to sit at room temperature for 30-minutes.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400? for about 5-minutes.
- Next, place the steaks into the air fryer basket and cook them for 5-minutes on each side. 10-minutes total.
- While the steaks are cooking, mix your Panko breadcrumbs, grated parmesan, shredded parmesan, chopped parsley, minced garlic, butter, and ranch seasoning in a medium sized bowl. Mix well.
- Remove the steaks from the air fryer. Add a slice of provolone cheese on top of each steak. Then, top each one with a generous scoop of the parmesan breadcrumb mixture.
- Place your steaks gently back into the air fryer and cook for another 5-minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Parmesan Crusted Steak and FAQs:
- Cooking times may vary depending on thickness and weight of steak. Use a meat thermometer to check for desired doneness.
- Keep in mind the steak will continue to rise in temperature as it rests. For a medium-rare steak, the internal temperature should be 125?, and for medium it should be 130? when you remove the steak.
- These cooking times we used yielded a medium rare steak. If you like your steak more done, you’ll need to increase the time a couple minutes.
For this recipe, we are using an air fryer. Steak needs to be cooked at a high heat so that it sears on the outside while holding the juices on the inside. So, you will cook your steak in the air fryer at 400?.
It will take you about 30-minutes to do all the prep work for this recipe, and about 15-minutes for the steaks to fully cook. These delicious longhorn steakhouse parmesan crusted steaks will be ready to devour in about 45-minutes.
These steaks are so good that I don’t usually have any leftovers, but if you do, you can easily store them in an airtight container in your refrigerator for 3-5 days. When you want to reheat them, toss them back into the air fryer at 400? for about 5-minutes to heat and crisp them back up.
With steak, you want to sear it on both sides before you add the parmesan crust to it. Because it’s hard for the crust to stick to a cooked slab of meat, we use provolone cheese to create a glue that holds the crust to the steak.
What To Serve With Parmesan Crusted Steak
The great thing about steak is that you can pair them with just about any side your heart desires. Brown Butter Bacon Baked Brussel Sprouts, Crispy Roasted Potatoes, Creamy Mashed Potatoes, and Easy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus are some favorites to serve with these steaks, but the possibilities are endless.
Air Fryer Longhorn Steakhouse Parmesan Crusted Steak Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 5 sirloin steaks - about 1 ½ thick
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan
- ½ tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp softened unsalted butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 5 slices provolone cheese
1. Brush steak with grapeseed oil then generously season with salt and pepper on all sides. Allow steak to come to room temp, about 30 minutes. **Grapeseed oil has a high smoke point and is favored for this recipe but can be substituted with extra virgin olive oil**
2. Preheat air fryer to 400* for 5 minutes
Cooking times may vary depending on thickness and weight of steak. Use a meat thermometer to check for desired doneness. These cooking times yielded medium rare steak for us.
3. Place the steaks into the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes. Stop halfway through and flip the steak.
4. Meanwhile prepare Parmesan crust topping. In a mixing bowl, combine Panko breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan, shredded Parmesan, chopped parsley, minced garlic, softened butter, and ranch seasoning. Mix well.
5. Remove steaks from the air fryer. Heat airfryer to 400*.
6. Add a slice of provolone cheese atop each steak. Top with a generous scoop of the parmesan breadcrumb mixture. Place steaks back into the air fryer for 5 minutes.
7. Serve with your favorite veggies and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 578Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 134mgSodium 1612mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 39g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.