Brown Butter Bacon Baked Brussels Sprouts - tons of rich buttery flavor and crunchy bacon bits over perfectly roasted brussels sprouts!
Brussels sprouts are one of our favorite easy side dishes - they are super healthy, delicious, and perfect alongside so many dishes.
These brussels sprouts are keto and low carb - but packed with flavor from crunchy bacon and rich brown butter.
Don't be surprised when these brussels sprouts are the first thing off the table at your dinner - they are loaded with rich buttery flavor and tons of crunchy bacon bits!
If you love this recipe and want more keto, low-carb ideas (especially for Thanksgiving and Christmas!) please sign up for my brand new keto recipe newsletter or check out our easy keto recipes page!
Table of contents
How to Prep Brussels Sprouts
When you buy brussels sprouts, they come a few ways - either whole on the stalk, whole sprouts off the stalk, or sprouts that have the stem removed and are either cut, shaved, or chopped.
While I love to buy the bags of pre-prepped brussels sprouts, it is pretty expensive, and not always readily available - but thankfully brussels sprouts are incredibly easy to cut and prepare ahead of cooking.
To clean brussels sprouts, you should discard any areas that have browned or outer leaves that seem a bit brown/yellow.
Soak in water and gently shake to remove any excess dirt (not common on bulk brussels sprouts, but can be found often on sprouts still on the stalk.)
Let dry on a paper towel to remove excess water from your sprouts!
The easiest way to prepare brussels sprouts for pan frying involves only two knife cuts per brussels sprout - simply trim the stem off at the base of the brussels sprout and then chop brussels sprout in half.
While you can eat much of the stem, it can be bitter and takes longer to cook to soft - I prefer to trim off as much of the brussels sprout stem as possible, but I also try to not worry too much about it and work quickly.
Chop Brussels for more caramelized flavor
For even more savory, crunchy, and caramelized brussels sprouts, I like to chop them into a "hash", or even shave them with a mandoline (be careful with your fingers!).
Giving your brussels sprouts more surface area helps them cook quicker at a higher temperature so you can have a lovely caramelized flavor without making the brussels sprouts too soft or soggy.
How To Make Brown Butter
Brown butter is incredibly delicious - it is cooked down butter that caramelized and cooked down, bringing out a nutty slightly sweet flavor that elevates any dish.
To make brown butter, slowly melt butter in a pan, stirring occasionally, so the milk solids can caramelize.
Butter burns, and tastes bitter when burnt, so cook on low to let butter slowly brown.
Other Brussels Sprouts Recipes You'll Love
- The Best Keto Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- The Best Brussels Sprouts and Mushrooms Recipe
- Pan Fried Brussels Sprouts with Ghee
- Easy Roasted Brussels with Cranberries Recipe
Other Side Dish Recipes You'll Love
If you're looking for other delicious side dishes that pair perfectly with these brussels sprouts for an everyday dinner or a holiday meal, please check out our favorites:
- The Best Easy Baked Scalloped Corn Recipe
- The Best Easy Rice Pilaf
- Garlic Chinese Style Green Beans
- The Best Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe
- The Best Easy Keto Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
- Easy No Knead Bread
- Perfect Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Brown Butter Bacon Baked Brussels Sprouts
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
- 2.5 lbs brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 4 strips bacon
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and grease a large baking dish with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Add prepared brussels sprouts to a large bowl and toss with olive oil, garlic paste, and paprika.
- Transfer the brussels sprouts to the prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. The brussels sprouts should be snug together but in a single layer.
- Sprinkle sea salt over the brussels sprouts and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a medium skillet until done. Transfer the cooked bacon to a paper towel lined plate to rest for a couple of minutes before chopping.
- Add butter to a small skillet and brown over medium high heat, stirring frequently until brown flecks form on the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce heat to low and add the chopped bacon to the butter and cook for 1 minute more.
- Pour the butter and bacon mixture over the top of the roasted brussels sprouts and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Toss to coat and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 170Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 21mgSodium 303mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 6g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet C's Favorites
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out our reader favorites!