This Cake Batter Candy Cane Microwave Fudge is simple, delicious, and so good – just a few minutes prep for this no-cook fudge full of holiday cheer!
I’m so excited to finally start holiday planning and cooking – the second November rolls around every year, I can’t wait to get started making delicious treats, decorating our house, and finding fun festive things to do with my family.
I generally travel to the European Christmas markets in December, so I try to get as much done ahead of time as I can for the holidays – and this fudge is a perfect teacher and neighbor gift to create with your kids and freeze early!
My Best Fudge Storing Tips (How to make ahead and keep fresh!)
- If making ahead of time, keep fudge in one large sheet in the freezer, in a tight bag with no air bubbles in the freezer, for up to 3 months. I actually like to keep it inside two bags – one that has all the extra air pushed out, and one over that bag to help prevent freezer burn.
- Do not slice fudge into squares until you’re going to give it away or eat it – this helps prevent it from drying out.
- Store uneaten fudge in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 week; or 2 weeks refrigerated.
This Candy Cane Cake Batter Fudge recipe is the perfect pre-made Christmas gift – all you need is your microwave, and I have some great tips and tricks for storing it to keep it tasting fresh for holiday giving!
How to cut perfect fudge:
- Make sure your fudge is completely cooled before cutting (2 hours in fridge/1 hour in freezer)
- Use a knife with good balance (my favorite is a 5″ santoku knife, because it has a good thick blade and fits well in my hand)
- Press down hard, and break it apart!
Fudge is one of my favorite things to make and give during the holidays – especially because it is so easy and really cute to display at parties.
Who wouldn’t want to dive face first into a huge pile of this whimsical fudge?
And topping it with candy canes only makes it even more fun and festive!
This fudge is seriously the standout star of any holiday party. It’s so tasty, but also crazy easy!
Other Delicious Christmas Recipes You’ll Love:
If you love this candy cane fudge recipe, you’ll love these other deliciously festive recipes:
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Candy Cane Cake Batter Microwave Fudge Recipe
- 2 Cups white cake mix
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 Cup butter 1 stick butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 Cup milk keep up to 1/4 cup milk to the side if your cake mix needs more milk, add slowly if too dry to make a thick consistency
- 1/2 cup white chocolate almond bark
- 6 candy canes smashed into small pieces
In a large bowl, add cake mix and sugar, mix.
In a medium sized bowl, add butter and almond bark.
Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and kee pmicrowaving in 15 second bursts until mixture is melted.
Add milk to melted candy bark and butter, stir well.
Add liquid ingredients to cake batter and powdered sugar.
Stir well until there are no lumps.
Stir in crushed candy canes.
Pour into 9x9 casserole dish lined with parchment paper or foil OR use a silicon dish.
Let set for 3-6 hours in refrigerator, or 1-2 hours in freezer.
Cut into small bits, or leave as one big chunk if making ahead of christmas and freezing.