This cheesy chorizo egg and potato skillet recipe is the most delicious, hearty, and spicy meal – filling, delicious, and easy! Gluten free, inexpensive family meal!
In my 20’s, I feel like I perfected the art of brunching.
Not the fancy kind full of stuffy restaurants and reservations- the bottomless bloody mary, red beers, and chicory coffee fueled endeavors to revive ourselves from a long night. I had a great group of friends who loved hanging out and reliving the night’s antics, tell stories, and joke around as long as we could the next morning over some deliciously spicy food.
It was the most amazing way to end a weekend before a long week back at work!
Being in Denver, that usually consisted of hearty skillets full of spicy chorizo, roasted green chiles, and cheesy piles of eggs- either all rolled up in a tortilla or not.
Though I’m (cough, cough) not in my 20’s anymore, I still love tucking in to a huge meal before heading back to the week ahead.
After church, we love to cook up a big skillet full of something hearty and comforting to serve up as a sort of breakfast and lunch combo that will keep our bellies full while we sort through laundry, prep lunches, and get ready for the week ahead.
We also love to have friends over in the mornings when it’s easy for the kids to head outside and play- and a big hearty skillet meal is the perfect thing to serve up for a crowd!
This skillet is great on it’s own, or with fresh, hot tortillas.
You could even toss it over chips for chilaquiles, and douse it with green chile sauce, salsa, or sour cream! It is a delicious meal everyone loves, and is so easy to put your own special little spin on.
I hope you love it as much as we do!
And seriously, this is one of the easiest breakfasts ever! Just check it out below (and be sure to “like” and follow my YouTube Channel for lots more!)
Cheesy Chorizo Potato and Egg Skillet
This cheesy chorizo egg and potato skillet recipe is the most delicious, hearty, and spicy meal - filling, delicious, and easy! Gluten free, inexpensive family meal!
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 lb fingering potatoes, sliced into fourths
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 oz chorizo sausage
- 8 eggs, well whisked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- diced green onions
- crema mexicana, if desired
- In a large, heavy pan, heat oil until shimmery.
- When oil is very hot, but not smoking, add to pan- stir occasionally to keep from burning.
- When potatoes are lightly browned after about 8 minutes, add pepper and onions.
- Stir occasionally and keep cooking on high until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add chorizo to pan, brown until fully cooked, about 8 minutes more.
- While chorizo, potato, and onions are cooking, add eggs and 1/2 of cheese to a hot pan, stirring constantly until there is just a little liquid left.
- When chorizo is cokked, add eggs to pan and mix well.
- Top with diced green onions and crema mexicana if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 482
If you love this recipe, be sure to follow my breakfast board to see more delicious recipes I’m drooling over!