Cheesy, easy, and so delicious- this Chicken Green Chili Stuffed Sweet Potato is the ultimate low-carb comfort food dish!
Eating low carb and still indulging in delicious comfort foods can be kind of a pain. We try to add as many unprocessed foods and vegetables as we can into our main dishes (it totally counts against the cravings for chips/candy/cookies/fudge... right??) but it can get repetitive fast.
I love stuffed potatoes- and I love sweet potatoes- so I decided to change things up with one of my favorite everyday meals (fajita-like mexican chicken stir fry) with some spicy green chili, gooey cheese, and some delicious sweet potatoes!
This meal is easy and delicious- and a great companion to my Cheesy Chicken Green Chile Skillet. You can make up a big batch and serve it over rice or a salad one night, and over these potatoes the next for a totally different taste!
For me, eating healthier is something that has to be easy, and I try to increase our veggie intake whenever I can. This is an awesome way to step up your veggies for the day, and tastes incredibly rich and indulgent!
Cheesy, easy, and so delicious- this Chicken Green Chili stuffed sweet potato is the ultimate low-carb comfort food dish!
- 4 Sweet Potatoes, washed and holes poked in
- 3 cups Cheesy Chicken Green Chile Skillet
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- green onion, cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Poke holes in your sweet potatoes to avoid having them explode in the oven .
- Bake 40 minutes, until very soft.
- Make or reheat Cheesy Chicken Green Chile Skillet (recipe below).
- When sweet potatoes are soft, remove and cut in half.
- Use a fork to mash the inside of the potato a bit.
- Top with chicken green chili.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, or cilantro to garnish.
- Serve Immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 445Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 123mgSodium 299mgCarbohydrates 26gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 4gSugar 8gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 33g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.