Old Bay Seasoned Popcorn, also known as "crab corn" is a delicious salty way to enjoy your favorite movie night snack!
Don't want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Delicious Old Bay Seasoned Popcorn
I LOVE visiting my parents in Maryland in summer and digging in to fresh, delicious crabs. You get to be messy, consume warm butter, and swing a little mallet. There's nothing better in summer!
Since we're in landlocked Colorado, I wanted to get a little taste of my summer-y treat that didn't actually contain any crab (yes, I know you could just snack on Utz crab chips which are DIVINE... but we can't get them here!!).
I was making some fresh popcorn on the stove, trying to grab the garlic powder (our usual popcorn seasoning) when I saw my oft-neglected tin of Old Bay. Inspiration struck, and I have for you a delicious Crab-boil inspired popcorn you wont be able to stop snacking- with no shellfish allergy concerns in sight.
Want to make your own? Read on, friends!
Other Delicious Snack Recipes
If you enjoy this crab corn try these other favorite snacks next:
Old Bay Seasoned Popcorn Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
This delicious old bay flavored popcorn is a great way to enjoy your favorite low carb snack!
- 2 cups premium popcorn
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Old Bay Seasoning- sprinkled to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Set a large, tall pot on the stove and the heat to high.
- When warm, add olive oil and butter, stirring so the butter doesn't burn.
- When the oil/butter is shiny, add one popcorn kernel and stir.
- When first kernel pops, add the rest of the popcorn, put lid to the pot.
- Grab pot handles (use a potholder so hot steam won't burn you), and slowly shake over stove, keeping it as close to the stove as possible.
- Move continuously while corn is popping. Once kernels stop popping for about 10 seconds in between pops, remove from stove and immediately transfer to a bowl.
- Sprinkle Old Bay, sugar and garlic powder over popcorn, while stirring batch, to evenly distribute. It HAS to happen right as the corn is hot because it will hold more moisture and allow the seasoning to stick without adding extra butter.
- If you'd like additional butter, drizzle 2 tablespoon melted butter with a little Old Bay sprinkled in over popped corn.
Crab corn tastes just like a crab boil- or Utz' crab chips- without the fish. It's easy to make this addictive summer treat!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Enamelware Popcorn Bowl 4 ¾" tall and 9 ¾" in diameter 4 Quart (Standard version)
Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popcorn Kernels, Original Yellow, 8 Lb
Franklin's Gourmet Popcorn - Movie Night Bundles - Whirley Popper, 28 oz. Organic Corn Kernels, 19 oz. Butter Flavored Salt, 30 oz. Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
OLD BAY Seasoning, 16 oz - One 16 Ounce Fan-Favorite Tin Can of OLD BAY All-Purpose Seasoning with Unique Blend of 18 Spices and Herbs for Crabs, Shrimp, Poultry, Fries, and More
Amount Per Serving Calories 142Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 10mgSodium 77mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 1g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.