Crunchy, sweet, and delicious White Chocolate Cake Batter Popcorn is a festive and fun snack that is perfect for parties!
There are some recipes I see online that I just HAVE to try out because they look so good.
I’m not a huge dessert person (which I am sure is a major disappointment to a bunch of my readers), but mostly because I feel like cooking sweets is just harder. I don’t know why – because most of the time they aren’t – but I guess I am just a more savory cook when it comes to things I want to try.
But when I saw this White Chocolate Cake Batter Popcorn from Tasty Kitchen, I HAD to make it!
I did make a small modification to make the batter mix a bit more spreadable and easy to work with, but this simple recipe is a major hit.
It is sweet and salty (I used salted kennel-corn style popcorn, since I like a little salty with my sweet), and so fun to make.
I mean – this stuff is sooooo good. It’s all of my favorite things in a bowl topped with sprinkles and unicorn tears good.
Just try to not eat the whole batch. I dare you!
My kids really loved this recipe since I let them help make it. It is super simple – just make sure you do the melting of the chocolate and make sure they don’t mix it when it is still hot, and then let them get to work mixing the topping, or adding the sprinkles!
This popcorn is perfect for a fun and festive party, a baby shower, or a wedding shower (I actually found this recipe thanks to my friend who posted it on facebook when she made it for her sister in law’s bridal shower.)
It is so cute and fun – and SO delicious. I hope you love it as much as my family did!
White Chocolate Cake Batter Popcorn
- 1-½ cup white chocolate melting candy
- ¼ cups Vegetable Shortening
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1-½ cup white or yellow Cake Mix
- 6 cups Popcorn, popped - I use bags of kettle corn
- 2 cups Sprinkles
- Microwave white chocolate and shortening (or slowly melt using a double boiler), stirring every 20 seconds.
- When chocolate is soft and runny, stir in vegetable oil.
- Add cake mix to white chocolate mixture, stir well.
- Add popcorn to large bowl, and drizzle chocolate and cake batter mixture over popcorn, while tossing (like you're dressing a salad).
- Let harden, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 229 Saturated Fat 5g Carbohydrates 35g Sugar 29g