These easy baked sweet potato chips are delicious, low calorie and low carb- and best of all, they only take a few minutes to make!
These chips are a guilt free snack to keep you happy and on-track with any weight loss goals. They are filling, and can be spiced up with different herb combinations- even salt and vinegar- to keep you interested, satisfied, and happy with your snacks!
Pro tip: I like to get perfect chips by using a mandoline, on the thinnest setting possible. Creating very thin chips is the key to getting a good crunch- as well as an extended cooking time. While the cook time might intimidate you, don't let it! We're going to slowly bake these- almost like dehydrating- to reduce moisture in the sweet potatoes so we get a good crunch. The actual prep just takes minutes- and after that you'll just be monitoring your chips so they don't burn.
If you're craving some chips fast, you can bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes- but you must flip and rotate the chips to ensure they don't stick or burn. This is a bit more complicated, but will still get you delicious crunchy chips!
- 2 sweet potatoes, washed and dried thoroughly
- 1 tsp olive oil, olive oil spray is best
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Using a mandoline, slice sweet potatoes as thinly as possible.
- Pat sweet potato slices dry with paper towel, add to medium sized bowl.
- Spray slices with olive oil mist (or add 1 tsp olive oil) and generously sprinkle with salt, pepper, or any other herbs you'd like to add.
- Lay slices on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, do not overlap.
- Bake at 250 for 1 hour, until crispy.
- Turn oven up to 350 and let chips brown very slightly. Watch chips and make sure they do not burn.
- If you'd like them cool, place on a cooling rack and let sit 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 91Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 94mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 1g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.