These easy baked sweet potato chips are delicious, low calorie and low carb- and best of all, they only take a few minutes to make!
These chips are a guilt free snack to keep you happy and on-track with any weight loss goals. They are filling, and can be spiced up with different herb combinations- even salt and vinegar- to keep you interested, satisfied, and happy with your snacks!
Pro tip: I like to get perfect chips by using a mandoline, on the thinnest setting possible. Creating very thin chips is the key to getting a good crunch- as well as an extended cooking time. While the cook time might intimidate you, don’t let it! We’re going to slowly bake these- almost like dehydrating- to reduce moisture in the sweet potatoes so we get a good crunch. The actual prep just takes minutes- and after that you’ll just be monitoring your chips so they don’t burn.
If you’re craving some chips fast, you can bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes- but you must flip and rotate the chips to ensure they don’t stick or burn. This is a bit more complicated, but will still get you delicious crunchy chips!
- 2 sweet potatoes, washed and dried thoroughly
- 1 tsp olive oil, olive oil spray is best
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Using a mandoline, slice sweet potatoes as thinly as possible.
- Pat sweet potato slices dry with paper towel, add to medium sized bowl.
- Spray slices with olive oil mist (or add 1 tsp olive oil) and generously sprinkle with salt, pepper, or any other herbs you'd like to add.
- Lay slices on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, do not overlap.
- Bake at 250 for 1 hour, until crispy.
- Turn oven up to 350 and let chips brown very slightly. Watch chips and make sure they do not burn.
- If you'd like them cool, place on a cooling rack and let sit 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 91 Total Fat 5g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 94mg Carbohydrates 12g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 4g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 1g