Easy Funfetti Cookie Bars
Mar 31, 2023, Updated Apr 28, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These rich, sweet, sprinkle packed cookie bars will satisfy any sweet tooth and are always a big hit at parties.
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Quick, Easy, Fun Filled, Funfetti Cookie Bars
If I am going to expect my kids to eat any greens at dinner it helps to have something to look forward to. These cookie bars are the perfect incentive since they not only taste delicious but they look it too.
For those of you who don’t like individually rolling cookie balls, bars are the way to go. These funfetti cookie bars basically bake into one giant cookie. You can cut it into 20 bars or leave it as 1 bar and dig in.
How to make Funfetti Cookie Bars
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- All-purpose flour – flour is important as the base of any baking recipe because of the gluten and protein content and in this case we combine all purpose and cake flour to get a soft chewy texture. All purpose flour is higher in protein therefore has better structure so our cookie bars will hold together.
- Cake Flour – cake flour has a very low protein content which will result in softer chewier cookie bars which is what we want in this case.
- Cornstarch – cornstarch is a carbohydrate extract which will help thicken the batter and make denser cookie bars. We want light but also dense cookie bars in this case.
- Baking soda – this “leavener” will help make our cookie bars lighter and give it a nice rise.
- Baking powder – baking powder is also a “leavener” and will react with the baking soda and the acids in the recipe to create carbon dioxide. Basically, it makes bubbles which bake in the oven and lighten up the cookie bars as they bake.
- Salt – salt is a must in every recipe. It enhances and brings the flavor out of any recipe.
- Unsalted Butter – Butter is fat and therefore gives these cookie bars a richness only butter can. It is very important to use unsalted butter whenever baking. Different butter companies add different amounts of salt to their butter and it’s important especially when making sweet recipes to control the amount of salt.
- Granulated sugar- Cookie bars need sugar to sweeten them. There are a lot of different types of sugar but the important thing here is to use a type of granulated sugar. We will use white sugar for this recipe. If you substitute honey or maple syrup the consistency will be off so please stick to a granulated sugar.
- Eggs – eggs are an important way of adding structure to your cookie bars. Their high protein content helps give them a nice shape while also adding flavor and richness.
- Egg yolks – Egg yolks are basically liquid gold. They add a lot of richness to the cookie bars as well as keep them chewy. If you struggle with separating eggs try cracking the egg into a small fine mesh strainer, the white should separate and fall through the mesh.
- Almond extract or cake batter extract – These extracts are what will make your jumbo funfetti cookie bars taste Funfetti-e. They are very strong so be careful not to use more than the amount listed. You should be able to find either of these in your regular grocery store in the baking section, often next to the spices.
- Golden Oreos – These are just the vanilla version of regular oreos. They help bring the “cookie” to the “cookie bar”. You should be able to find them at any grocery store next to the regular oreos.
- White chocolate chips – We are going for that sweet white cookie bar look and white chocolate chips are both sweet and they fit with our color theme. These will melt when baked and make little pockets of sweetness in the bars.
- Rainbow sprinkles – Who doesn’t love a little color? You can of course use regular sprinkles but rainbow sprinkles are part of what makes these funfetti cookie bars.
Once you have gathered the ingredients, we will use the following method:
- Step 1 Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and set aside. Use a mixer to cream the butter and sugar for at least 2-3 minutes. This is an important step and will ensure a good end result so set a timer and keep creaming.
- Step 2 Add the eggs and extracts to the mixer and combine well. Then, slowly add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer and mix well. Make sure you clean the sides of the bowl with a spatula so that everything gets mixed well. Add 15 of the oreos, the white chocolate chips, and sprinkles.
- Step 3 Line a casserole dish with baking paper. If you can’t get it to stick, try spraying the dish with cooking spray then putting the baking paper on top of that. Spread the dough out and make sure it’s as even as you can get it. Break the remaining oreos and push them into the dough.
- Step 4 Bake the bars in the oven at 325 degrees in the middle rack for 18 – 20 minutes. You will know they are done when a toothpick comes out clean in the center. Do not overbake or they will be dry.
- Step 5 Cut into whatever shapes and sizes you want and enjoy.
Tips and Tricks
Tip 1 – Make sure you push the dough into the pan thoroughly. This is all the shaping the cookie bars will get and will ensure a uniform result.
Tip 2 – You can use a jelly roll pan if you want to make thinner bars or just want to bake them faster. Just remember to line it and watch it like a hawk since the thickness will largely determine the baking time.
If it’s a little too sweet for you I would recommend leaving out the cookies pressed in the top and the white chocolate chips.
The bars will keep at room temperature for 2-3 days. If you want to keep them longer I recommend you freeze them in a plastic ziplock bag. I frequently double the recipe and freeze half of them since they freeze well and make great gifts or potluck contributions.
Check out some of our other favorite dessert recipes!
Funfetti Cookie Bars Recipes
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups Cake Flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup cold, unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp almond extract or cake batter extract
- 25 Golden Oreos, divided
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Whisk the flour, cake flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer and paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the eggs, egg yolks and almond extract and blend until well mixed. Use a rubber spatula to get anything stuck off the sides.
- Turn the mixer on a low setting and gradually add in the flour mixture. About a ½ cup at a time.
- Add in 15 Oreos, white chocolate chips and sprinkles. Once well combined, turn the machine off.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick baking spray. Press dough evenly into the pan. Break the remaining 10 Oreos up and place on top of the dough.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the bars. Make sure to watch carefully so you do not overbake.
- Let cool once done and enjoy!!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Sprinkles Rainbow Topping in Resealable Container, 2.2 LB Bulk Candy
Oil Sprayer Bottle, 100ml Oil Spray Versatile Glass ,Olive Oil Sprayer Mister,Olive Oil Spray for cooking, Salad, BBQ, Kitchen Baking, Roasting
USA Pan Bakeware Rectangular Cake Pan, 9 x 13 inch, Nonstick & Quick Release Coating, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
LorAnn Cake Batter (White) Flavor Fountain, 4 oz Bottle
Watkins Pure Almond Extract, 2 Fl Oz (Pack of 1)
King Arthur, Unbleached Cake Flour, 32 Ounce
KitchenAid KP26M1XER 6 Qt. Professional 600 Series Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer - Empire Red
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 384Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 73mgSodium 281mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 1gSugar 26gProtein 5g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.