4th Of July Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe – delicious easy patriotic red white and blue sugar cookie bars perfect for 4th of July parties!
If you’re looking for a fun and festive, delicious, and easy dessert that is perfect for the 4th of July, we have the perfect treat – our 4th of July Sugar Cookie Bars!
These funfetti style sugar cookie bars are a huge hit at parties – and are always one of the first desserts gone!
Just like our deliciously easy Fruit Pizza recipe, this dessert uses a soft and chewy sugar cookie base and a tasty frosting for a sweet treat everyone loves! PS- if you’re looking for a classic cookie recipe that is a total knockout, be sure to visit our The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe!
We’re topping these adorable bars with lots of red, white, and blue sprinkles – so they are perfect to serve at a 4th of July party, alongside our Fourth Of July Jello Cups, Red White and Blue Vanilla Sheet Cake, Red White and Blue Fruit Patriotic Punch, and some fun crafts like our 4th of July Felt Star Bunting and Flag Painted Coasters!
Be sure to check out our delicious grilled recipes and BBQ foods to throw the most epic cookout, too – favorites like our The Best Smoked Pork Ribs Recipe Ever, The Best Easy Smoked Brisket Recipe, The Best Ever Bean Bake Recipe, and The Best Grilled Corn on the Cob Recipe are huge hits every summer at our cookuts!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
Here at Sweet C’s, we have lots of types of readers – those who like to get straight to the recipe, and those who would like more information, including tips and tricks to feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Tips to Perfect Sugar Cookie Bars
These sugar cookie bars are soft and chewy, just like our chewy soft sugar cookies with the same flavor – but stand up on their own in bar form!
the sugar cookie bars themselves are white on their own, but can be dyed any color – you can even swirl together red, white, and blue food coloring to make a cool marble pattern!
Be sure to check out some of our favorite tips to make the best sugar cookie bars:
- We prefer to use jimmie style sprinkles because they don’t bleed as much as nonpareils.
- We really love chilled sugar cookie bars – and let them chill for a few hours before icing. This is a personal preference, but I love to eat them cold with room temperature frosting!
- We like making our sugar cookies thicker, so they can be eaten with a fork and have a good, hefty base. You can also roll them out bigger to make a skillet sugar cookie or fruit pizza, however – you might need to make double a batch of frosting, though. (And watch the cook-time, as it will reduce if not as thick.)
Easy Sugar Cookie Frosting
We’re making a simple, delicious vanilla buttercream to top these sugar cookies with – but you can add cream cheese, other flavor extracts (try cinnamon, raspberry, almond, orange, lemon, blueberry, or others for some great ideas) to change things up a bit!
For best results, be sure to follow some of our tips to perfect sugar cookie frosting below:
- Make sure sugar cookies are completely cool before frosting to be sure icing sets up and doesn’t melt.
- We love to chill our sugar cookies and top with this frosting room temperature to slightly chilled – the difference in temperature makes a really great creamy experience while you eat it!
- Be sure to keep bars refrigerated after making or keep in a cool, shady area if serving outside, as the icing will melt in hot sun.
- This frosting is designed to not be too thick since we’re making a really thick cookie base – you can double the recipe if you’re making a thinner cookie base, like a cookie pizza.
Other 4th Of July Recipes You’ll Love
If you’re hosting a patriotic party and looking for more red white and blue recipes, check out some of our favorites below:
Sugar cookie bars can be stored in the refrigerator or in a cool, dry place in an airtight container for up to four days.
4th of July Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe
If you love this easy recipe, please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
4th Of July Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe - delicious easy patriotic red white and blue sugar cookie bars perfect for 4th of July parties!
- 4 & 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 & 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup patriotic sprinkles
- For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons whole milk
- Patriotic sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375*F. Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper or foil and spray with cooking spray, set it aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- In the body of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy, 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides.
- Add the eggs one at a time, letting the first egg mix all the way in before adding the next.
- Add the vanilla and mix it in until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and stir it in until combined, scrape down the sides, and mix it in a few more times until fully mixed in.
- Add the sprinkles and stir them in.
- Press the cookie dough into the prepared baking dish until even.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the bars cool, make the frosting by placing the butter into a large bowl with an electric hand mixture and whipping until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar a little at a time until fully mixed.
- Add the salt, vanilla, and milk, stir it in until combined then place the mixer on medium-high speed and whip for 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Once the cookie is cool, take it out of the baking dish and frost the top.
- Add more sprinkles if desired.
- Cut into bars and serve.
These sugar cookie bars are thicker than your normal sugar cookie bar. They cook up nice and thick with a terrific chew. They taste just like frosted sugar cookies but in bar form.
Add your favorite extract flavors to mix up the flavor of the bars. You can also dye the frosting whatever color you like.
I use jimmie style sprinkles because they tend not to bleed.
Amount Per Serving Calories 307Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 86mgSodium 94mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 0gSugar 20gProtein 2g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet C’s Favorite Recipes
If you love this delicious easy recipe, be sure to check out some of our favorites below: