If you love fried dill pickles as an appetizer, you will flip for this delicious dip! It’s the perfect dip for game day, a party, or snacks for anyone who loves the taste of fried pickles without the work and the mess.
Here at Sweet C’s, we have lots of types of readers – those who like to get straight to the recipe, and those who would like more information, including tips and tricks to feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Creamy Pickle Dip
Fried pickles have become commonplace on menus across the country in recent years, from chain restuants, sportsbars, and burger joints. Although they first appeared on the food scene in the 1960s, they really took off in the 1990s and early 2000s.
Although some people make fried pickles at home (both in spear and chip form) many only get them at restaurants because of the work and mess associated with frying at home. That’s why we came up with this delicious dip! Get all the satisfying and yummy flavors of fried dill pickles, without the mess.
How To Make Fried Pickle Ranch Dip
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- Cream cheese, room temperature – Cream cheese adds the delicious creamy base of this crave-worthy dip. It’s easier to mix at room temperature, but if you have cheese that’s too cold you can microwave in in 10 second increments until it gets soft.
- Sour cream – This adds a delicious tang and more creamy texture to the dip. The combination of cream cheese and sour cream makes a perfect consistency.
- Ranch dressing mix – Classic dressing mix is the base for many dips. It creates a crave-worthy salty and savory mix of herbs and spices.
- Minced Garlic – Garlic adds depth and spice to this recipe. Most dill pickles have garlic as part of the recipe, so it will boost the pickle flavor.
- Dill pickle relish – This is the ingredient that adds all that yummy pickle flavor.
- Porq Panko – Porq panko adds the satisfying “fried” crunch of the fried pickles. If you want it even cruncher and more authentic, add the panko to a skillet with a little oil and crisp it up. “Porq” just comes from the fact the panko crumbs are crushed up pork rinds.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients we will follow this method:
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, ranch mix, garlic, and relish. Whisk well.
- If you want an extra crunch, pan fry porq panko. Add panko to dip shortly before serving. Mix.
- Serve with your preferred dipping implements.
Tips To Make Pickle Dip & FAQs
Wait until right before serving to add Panko. The Porq panko will lose crispiness the longer it’s in the dip, so to get that satisfying fried pickle crunch add the Panko at the last minute.
Use regular panko. Don’t like pork rinds? You can skip them and use regular panko bread crumbs.
Crush your own pork rinds. If you can’t find porq panko in your grocery store, add pork rinds to a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin to make breadcrumbs – or pulse in a blender until coarse.
This dip can be stored for up to four days in the refrigerator in an airtight container – however, the pork rinds will soften quickly, so you might want to add them only to the amount of dip you will be eating right away and save any extras you won’t eat in the fridge for later.
We used kosher dill pickles for their classic flavor, but you can use bread and butter pickles, gherkins, or any other pickles you love the flavor of.
Other Easy Dips And Appetizers You’ll Love
If you love this easy dip, find some of our other delicious easy appetizer recipes that make for a great spread with this pickle dip!
If you love the flavor of pickles, be sure to check out our Easy Dill Pickle Soup recipe, too!
Fried Pickle Ranch Dip Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Creamy, salty, briny fried pickle dip bursting with ranch dressing flavor and crunchy bits of fried pork rinds for the ultimate chip dip!
- 1 block (8oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 packet (1oz) powder Ranch dressing mix
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 10oz (small jar) Dill Pickle Relish
- ½ cup Porq panko (crushed pork rinds)
- In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, sour cream, ranch mix, garlic and relish. Mix together until well combined.
- Add in the Panko crumbs, mix thoroughly. Optional: add the Panko to a small skillet with a little vegetable oil to fry the Panko before adding to give an extra crunch.
- Serve with potato chips, pretzels, or veggies. Store covered in the fridge before and after serving. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 148Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 28mgSodium 500mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 4g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.