These crispy and delicious Brussels sprouts are bursting with garlic goodness and are so easy to make. These simple Brussles sprouts will become a regular at mealtime.
Here at Sweet C’s, we have lots of types of readers – those who like to get straight to the recipe, and those who would like more information, including tips and tricks to feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Baked Garlic Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are packed with vitamins and minerals and baked to perfection are a delicious part of a healthy diet.
I used to feel intimidated when having a bag of Brussels sprouts, not sure exactly what to do with them. But if you follow this easy recipe, Brussels sprouts will become one of your favorite vegetables.
According to doctors, eating lots of cruciferous veggies like Brussels sprouts can have a host of health benefits. Try this recipe to roast Brussels sprouts in a way that makes them unbelievably delicious.
How to Make Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
First, gather the following ingredients –
- Brussels sprouts – Brussels sprouts are the stars of this recipe. They’re flavorful and healthy, a part of the cabbage family and known for their edible buds. You may buy them in a bag or still on the stalk. For this recipe I trim the Brussels sprouts and halve them.
- Garlic Powder – Garlic powder is garlic that has been dehydrated and ground into a powder. Garlic powder has a very distinct and powerful flavor.
- Garlic Salt – Garlic salt is a combination of garlic powder and garlic salt. Using them together allows us to achieve a perfect garlic flavor without overpowering this recipe with saltiness.
- Paprika – Paprika is a mixture of powdered sweet chilis. It has a beautiful bright red hue and a distinctive flavor that sets off the garlic nicely in this dish.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is a widely-used oil that compliments many vegetable dishes. It’s also considered by dieticians to be a “good fat” so adding a little olive oil to a well-balanced diet is often recommended. Really good olive oils will have an almost spicy finish and will help all the spices stick to the Brussels sprouts well.
Once you’ve assembled your ingredients, use my easy roasting method to make the Brussels sprouts:
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Trim the Brussels sprouts from the stem (if they come that way) and trim off any woody parts. Slice the Brussels sprouts in half. Combine the dry ingredients (garlic powder, garlic salt, and paprika) on a plate or small bowl. Place the trimmed sprouts in a large bowl and drizzle with with olive oil. Sprinkle with your spice mixture. Toss with tongs to ensure all the sprouts are coated. Lay the Brussels sprouts out on a baking sheet in a single layer, which will ensure they roast evenly.
- Roast. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden and crispy on the outside leaves.
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Roasted Brussels Sprouts
When trimming, I prefer to cut mine in half from the stem up rather than horizontal across the leaves to ensure the most uniform baking.
Ensure there is a little space between the Brussels sprouts as you lay them out on the baking sheet to make sure they roast and don’t steam.
If you get Brussels sprouts on the stem or if the bag you buy does’t say they’ve been washed, wash your sprouts before starting this recipe. Better to be safe than sorry!
Brussels sprouts are widely considered to be one of the healthiest vegetables you can add to most diets. They’re packed with vitamins and minerals.
Brussels sprouts complaint many meat dishes well. Burgers, steaks, roasts are all good choices to go along with Brussels sprouts. If you’re serving these sprouts alone, I also like to include an aioli or other dipping sauce with this easy recipe.
Store these Brussels sprouts in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
There are a few carbs in the sprouts themselves as well as the olive oil – but this recipe will fit well into a well-rounded ketogenic diet and can be enjoyed often!
What to Serve With Roasted Brussels Sprouts
To see more of our main dish recipes that are easy and delicious, see our recent favorites here:
Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
If you love this easy recipe, please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, stemmed and halved
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the brussels sprouts along with the remaining ingredients into a large bowl. Mix until evenly coated.
- Transfer to the lined baking sheet. Bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
A Taste of Portugal Organic Olive Oil | Extra Virgin Olive Oil | Light and Fruity Portuguese Olive Oil | 32 OZ Tin
Artesia Organic Garlic Powder, 1.27 oz (Pack of 4)
JOHO BAKING Non-Stick Cookie Sheet Pan Set,Baking Sheets for oven,Nonstick Bakeware Set Baking Tray,13inch,2-Piece,Champagne Gold
Reynolds Kitchens Cookie Baking Sheets, Pre-Cut Parchment Paper, 25 Sheets (Pack of 4), 100 Total Sheets
Amount Per Serving Calories 141Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 0mgSodium 818mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 3g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.