Super Easy Low Carb Grilled Chicken Antipasto Salad Recipe is a fresh, hearty lunch packed with grilled chicken, pepperoni, cheese, olives, tomatoes and artichokes for a low carb protein packed salad that everyone loves! This delicious grilled chicken salad recipe will be your new low carb chicken salad go-to dish!
When I’m hungry and craving something delicious, fast, I tend to opt for a simple tried and true salad – my favorite Grilled Chicken Antipasto Salad.
This salad is salty, tangy, hearty – but won’t weigh you down – and is keto/paleo and low carb diet compliant!
Lately I’ve been making big batches of my top-rated recipe for the Best Grilled Chicken Tenders Ever and saving them in the fridge to throw in salads on the go – it is the perfect easy lunch for my husband and I to take into our offices for busy days. I love to toss them in Italian Chicken Salads whenever I can for lunch – and this easy chopped chicken salad is bursting with some of my favorite Italian inspired Antipasto ingredients!
This chopped chicken salad is super quick, delicious, and easy to transport or make in big batches for a dinner party or picnic.
Just take me to the Chicken Antipasto Salad recipe already!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, i think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy chicken antipasto salad recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Other Delicious Easy Salads You’ll Love:
If you love this quick, filling, and delicious antipasto salad recipe, please check out some of my other delicious salad recipes too! Click the link to visit each easy printable recipe.
More Delicious and Easy Low Carb Meals:
This salad is just one of my favorite low carb meals – click here to visit more of my favorite low carb meals – and click the video below to get a bit of a preview of some of my favorites!
My husband has lost a ton of weight following a keto diet – so we’re trying to incorporate more easy and delicious fresh low carb meals into our house. These are all tried and true winners!
Other Antipasto Salad Options:
I love this antipasto combination for a salad – but I’m including some other delicious ibgredients that pair perfectly in this hearty antipasto salad if you want to try out other ideas, too!
- Salami in place of or with pepperoni
- Shredded rotisserie chicken instead of grilled chicken cubes
- Fresh bell peppers for a crunchy kick
- Pickled okra spears for a tart and tangy kick
- Spicy pickled green beans (cut in half) for a spicy twist
- Swap balsamic vinegar for red wine vinegar for a sweeter and tangier dressing
- Add slivered almonds for crunch
Tips To Serving This Grilled Chicken Antipasto Salad Recipe For a Crowd:
If you’re planning to make a giant batch of this super easy and delicious salad for a party, you’re in luck – because it is such an easy, filling, and pretty salad to serve for a group.
I do have a couple tips and tricks to keeping everything perfectly pretty and delicious when taking this salad to-go, for picnics, parties, and more.
- Keep wet ingredients separate from dry.
- Since this salad relies on a lot of antipasto ingredients (marinated olives, peppers, etc) – it is best to keep those ingredients from the lettuce/greens, chicken, and dry ingredients – or they will get mushy, soggy, or too-tart. I like to drain the olives, pepper strips, and
- Keep chicken and pepperoni separate.
- I like to chop and bag my chicken and pepperoni to bring to a party – they take on too much of the acidic, tart taste from the olives and pepper strips when together too long.
- Keep Lettuce Separate.
- This one is the most important – lettuce and many greens are so temperamental you don’t want to add them into the mix too early – too much oil, acid, moisture, or heat will make it wilt. If you separate nothing else, keep greens separate until serving!
- Crumble/grate your cheese fresh.
- If you don’t want to deal with the cheese at the party, simply crumble or shred it at home and keep it in a separate bag/container so it doesn’t get mushy and wet from the salad ingredients.
When you get to the party, toss everything that you prepped in a giant bowl, and serve! It will still be pretty, fresh, and super delicious.
Grilled Chicken Antipasto Salad Recipe
If you love this Grilled Chicken Antipasto Salad Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
Or you can sign up for my totally free email newsletter to get my favorite easy meals delivered straight to your inbox, daily and be sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram – or join the Sweet C’s Facebook group where you can share your favorite recipes, lifestyle tips, travel – and just fun stuff!
- 3 cups lettuce , spinach, kale, iceberg, romanie - your choice of greens
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, diced into 1" cubes
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices, cut in half
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup kalamata olives, whole or sliced, your preference
- 1/2 cup marinated red pepper , cut into strips
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini peppers
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4-8 bananna peppers
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, vinegar, and olive oil to make the light dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients but dressing and toss well.
- If making ahead of serving, do not dress salad until it will be eaten. Salad can keep fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 day (if you want to prep this salad ahead of time, leave lettuce out of the mixture as it will wilt after 1 day - other ingredients can safely be stored for up to 3 days.)
- Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
Amount Per ServingCalories 863 Saturated Fat 18g Cholesterol 224mg Sodium 2507mg Carbohydrates 18g Fiber 4g Sugar 8g Protein 73g