An easy to put together and easy to transport Corn and Black Bean Pasta Salad with a refreshing yogurt dressing with lime and cilantro is just what you need for summer!
- 1 1/2 cup macaroni, whole grain , cooked al dente in salted water
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and soaked in water
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 corn, grilled and kernels removed
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- For the Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dressing
- 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ancho chili powder, its mostly a deep smoky sweet chili with less heat in it
- salt, to taste
- crushed black pepper
- Cook the black bean in salted water until soft. Add the cooked macaroni in a large salad bowl and top with the black beans, veggies, cheese and the avocado oil. Pour everything for the dressing in a mason jar and shake to mix well or mix with a fork in a bowl. Pour the dressing over the pasta, beans and veggies. Toss it gently.
Amount Per ServingCalories 417 Saturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 31mg Sodium 359mg Carbohydrates 47g Fiber 8g Sugar 6g Protein 15g
You NEED to also check out some of her top recipes:
These Guava Mint Mimosas look awesome:
This recipe for Tawa Pulao rice (an Indian Street food) looks divine!
And these Chana Chat tacos are a delicious spin for any taco fiend (like me!!!)