Smoky and delicious, with a tangy spicy kick – grilled shrimp in a vibrant red jerk seasoning and lime juice are a delicious, healthy dinner!
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Jerk Shrimp on the Grill
Jerk shrimp is delicious on the grill – the spicy, delicious Caribbean seasoning is perfect on a grill with a smoky, char-grilled flavor.
Jerk sauce is a Jamaican sauce made up of a blend of seasonings – usually cumin, nutmeg, allspice, smoked paprika, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
You can use store-bought jerk sauce for this recipe, but I used a recipe from Jessica in the Kitchen – her easy homemade jerk sauce was a perfectly spicy sauce and super easy to whip up.
To find her homemade jerk sauce recipe, click here.
Jessica’s vegan takes on the traditional Jamaican recipes she grew up with are always incredibly delicious if you’re looking for some great meat free meals – but her jerk is hands down the best!
Jerk sauce is delicious on all sorts of meats, fish, and vegetables – and it is naturally low carb and keto.
How to Grill Jerk Shrimp
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Green Onions
- 4 organic scotch bonnet peppers*, 3 ¼ oz
- ½ large red onion or 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 5 stalks of scallion
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh pimento seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, I used organic
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 7 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Squeeze lime
We’re going to use Jessica from Jessica in the Kitchen’s recipe for jerk sauce – it is perfect, and I don’t see any reason to change it. Please click here for the recipe.
Tips to Perfect Grilled Jerk Shrimp & FAQs
Drizzle olive oil over your shrimp evenly.
This will help give your salmon a lightly fried texture and allow the oil to crisp on the shrimps. Don’t skip the oil!
- Season shrimp liberally.
- Take your shrimp’s temperature!
Aim for 165 degrees for fully cooked salmon. Remove shrimps from the grill at 160 degrees, as they will carry over cook.
Shrimp is fully cooked at 165 degrees. Use a digital thermometer to ensure shrimp is fully cooked through.
When shrimp is fully cooked, it turns from grey and translucent to white and opaque.
What to Serve With Jerk Shrimp
To see our complete grill and smoker recipe archives, click here.
Grilled Jerk Shrimp Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Spicy grilled shrimp in a Jamaican jerk sauce grilled to tender, delicious perfection in less than 10 minutes.
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup jerk sauce (recipe here or use store-bought)
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and de-veined, tails on or off depending on your preference
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat grill to 425 degrees.
- Combine shrimp, lime wedges, and jerk sauce in a large bowl, and let marinate at least 20 minutes, up to 1 hour.
- Brush a thin coat of olive oil onto grill or lay down a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil onto grill.
- Add shrimp and lime wedges to grill and grill 3-4 minutes per side, until bright pink and opaque, with char marks. Add green onions for last minute or two of grilling.
- Remove from grill and serve with rice, vegetables, fish, or meat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Ninja AG301 Foodi 5-in-1 Indoor Grill with Air Fry, Roast, Bake & Dehydrate, Black/Silver
Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner
M KITCHEN WORLD Silicone Basting - BBQ, Pastry, and Oil Brush (Orange), Turkey Baster, Barbecue Utensil - use for Grilling & Marinating - Desserts Baking, Set of 2 with 2 Recipe Electronic Books
OXO Good Grips 9-Inch Tongs with Silicone Heads
Amount Per Serving Calories 208Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 239mgSodium 1112mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 26g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.