These simple, sweet, and savory roasted carrots are the perfect side any day and on any diet. Whether you are leveling up your cooking before the holidays or trying to eat more veggies, this recipe is a must save!
Sweet and Savory Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
If you are one of those people who is trying to like vegetables this is the recipe for you. Carrots are high in vitamin A, vitamin K, and calcium which makes them something almost everyone, even those on special diets, can and will eat.
Carrots are dense which makes them ideal for roasting, it softens them and brings out the natural sweetness. When you add honey, oil, and some seasoning to carrots you have a side that you will be coming back to again and again.
How to Make Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- Thin Baby Carrots – you want to use thin peeled carrots for this recipe so that the seasonings can penetrate as the carrots roast. If your carrots are thick, try slicing them in half long ways.
- Honey – honey will draw the natural sweetness out of the carrots.
- Olive oil – we use high quality olive oil to help the seasonings stick to the carrots and coat everything evenly.
- Garlic Powder – this will give the savory garlic taste to these carrots.
- Sea Salt – salt will soak into the carrots and draw the natural sweetness out of them.
- Cumin – cumin is toasty and earthy with a slight spice. It’s a great primary spice here to give the carrots a lift.
- Rosemary – if you have fresh rosemary use it. Rosemary has a peppery woodsey flavor and a strong aroma which makes this taste great and smell great in the oven.
- Pepper – use fresh ground pepper to add a little bit of heat to these carrots.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, we will use the following method:
- Prep – While the oven is warming up place a piece of parchment paper over a roasting pan and lay the peeled carrots out on the parchment paper. Make sure they aren’t touching and do not overfill the tray or they won’t cook properly.
- Season – Mix all the remaining ingredients and pour them over the carrots to coat them.
- Roast – Bake the carrots at 400 degrees for 15 minutes then turn them in the oven and bake 20 minutes more or until they are fork tender. They should caramelize some, you can bake them longer to get more caramelized if you prefer.
- Step 4 – Taste the carrots and add more salt or pepper if needed. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks to Making Honey Roasted Carrots:
Switch up the seasonings. Cumin is a common ingredient in garam masala so if you want to give this an Indian twist try swapping the cumin for the garam masala.
Garnish with the carrot tops. The green tops of carrots (that you cut off to roast the carrots) have a very nice taste similar to parsley. I like to garnish my carrots with some minced fresh carrot tops. Just gives this baked side a fresh lift.
Add cheese. If you want to give these carrots a creamy texture, I recommend adding a few ounces of your favorite cheese. I prefer to add Boursin to these to give them a rich creamy flavor.
How long will they keep? – You can refrigerate the carrots in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days and they will keep and taste the same as when initially baked. The texture will soften over time. You can warm them in the microwave but don’t have to reheat them, I frequently will cut up leftovers and use them as a salad topping for lunch the next day.
Can I use pre-peeled baby carrots? – Of course! If they are on the thicker side be sure to cut them in half longwise. You may need to adjust the baking time when making baby carrots since they might cook quicker depending on their size and your oven.
What to serve with Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
If you like these honey garlic roast carrots you might also like, Easy Roast Tomatoes Easy Roasted Tomatoes Recipe – Sweet Cs Designs Easy Roasted Brussels with Cranberries Easy Roasted Brussels with Cranberries Recipe – Sweet Cs Designs Instant Pot Pot Roast The Best Easy Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe – Sweet Cs Designs Air Fryer Tri Tip Steak Air Fryer Tri Tip Steak Recipe – Sweet Cs Designs Best Easy Baked Garlic Lemon Chicken Breast The Best Easy Baked Garlic Lemon Chicken Breasts Recipe – Sweet Cs Designs
Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
If you love this easy recipe, please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Delicious roasted carrots with a garlic honey glaze.
- 2 pounds thin/baby carrots peeled, tops chopped off or to 2 inches
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Add carrots to the center. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients and pour over carrots. Toss until evenly coated.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes depending on carrot thickness, until fork tender, stirring after 20 minutes.
- Roast longer for more caramelization, the edges might burn if not watched closely. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Amount Per Serving Calories 118Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 383mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 5gSugar 13gProtein 1g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.