Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries Recipe – a delicious easy Thanksgiving and Christmas side dish that is perfect for big holiday dinners and so easy!
This easy roasted brussels sprouts with cranberries recipe is a delicious, easy, and healthy fresh side dish that is perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas that is bursting with flavor – in just about 30 minutes.
These roasted brussels sprouts with cranberries are simple and flavorful – salty, sweet, tangy, and savory all at once – and all you have to do to make it is pop it in the oven. While I love the tart and tangy flavor of fresh cranberries, this dish can also be made with dried cranberries, too!
This side dish is a gorgeous addition to any holiday table, and adds a ton of fresh flavor to the meal.
Just Take Me To The Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries Recipe Already!
If you’d like to skip my tips and tricks and get straight to the easy roasted brussels sprouts with cranberries recipe, please scroll to the bottom of the page just above the comments.
I get a lot of questions and requests for similar recipes and ideas of what to serve recipes with, so I try to put a lot of information in my posts.
Tips to Perfect Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- To reduce oven time, you can pre-boil brussels sprouts, even a day in advance! This is not my favorite way to prepare brussels sprouts, but softening the sprouts can reduce cook time considerably. Just be sure to really let sprouts crisp up in oven after softening.
- Trim the ends off brussels sprouts and cut in half.
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in lightly salted water.
- Boil then reduce and cook to just softened – only about 5-10 minutes total.
- When brussels have softened, shake off all excess water, and lightly pat dry.
- Continue with directions below, but note you’ll reduce cooktime.
- Add to baking sheets and bake for 20-25 minutes, until crisp.
- If brussels sprouts are browning too quickly before they have fully softened, reduce the heat to 350 degrees.
- Make sure you heat oven to 400 degrees before adding brussels to oven – a preheated oven will help them cook faster and crisp up.
Balsamic Glazed Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cranberries
This roasted brussels recipe is fantastically delicious when combined with a slightly sweet and tangy balsamic glaze – I am adding this recipe variation if you’d like a little more flavor from the dish!
- Find a balsamic reduction you love and isn’t too tart.
- Prep recipe as described below in a large bowl, but when adding olive oil and salt also drizzle a *little* balsamic over brussels sprouts and cranberries (you want to infuse balsamic flavor as the brussels cook – but don’t want to burn the balsamic.)
- When brussels have finished cooking, drizzle more balsamic glaze over the dish and toss to coat.
Other Delicious Holiday Side Dishes You’ll Love:
If you love this easy roasted brussels sprouts with cranberries recipe, you’ll love these other easy side dishes that are perfect for a holiday dinner!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries Recipe
If you love this roasted brussels sprouts with cranberries recipe as much as I do, please give it five stars and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries Recipe - a delicious easy Thanksgiving and Christmas side dish that is perfect for big holiday dinners and so easy!
- 1/2 lb brussels sprouts, washed with stems cut off and halved
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, diced
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Wash brussels sprouts and shake to remove any excess water.
- Cut bottom stem off brussels, discard.
- Cut brussels in half.
- Dice garlic cloves and shallots.
- Lay brussels, cranberries, shallots and garlic on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil. Toss to mix well.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over dish, mix well.
- Bake at 400 until brussels are slightly browned and are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- Serve warm.
Amount Per ServingCalories 385 Saturated Fat 4g Sodium 2386mg Carbohydrates 29g Fiber 10g Sugar 6g Protein 8g