Leg of lamb has never been easier than this recipe for Italian Marinated Lamb that gives a delicious meal in just a few easy steps and only 3 ingredients!
Lamb and I have a complicated relationship. Lamb can be very game-y (which is precisely why my husband loves it so much), but when slow roasted, it can be soft and rich like a roast- with tons of flavor.
Luckily, its pretty easy to get a delicious, un-fussy leg of lamb with this incredibly easy Italian Marinated Leg of Lamb recipe that includes just 3 ingredients!
It’s important to note that I don’t recommend skipping the browning step before the lamb goes in the oven.
Searing your meat helps to lock in juices and flavor so your lamb doesn’t dry out- and gives it a delicious flavor you won’t just get by tossing in a dutch oven to bake right off the bat.
Luckily, you can brown the meat and roast it in the exact same pan- use a heavy dutch oven with a lid and sear it without the lid, adding the lid when it goes into the oven.
One less pan to clean- my kind of meal!
Italian Marinated Leg Of Lamb Recipe
- 5 lb lamb, lwg of lMB
- 6 cloves arlic
- 12 OZ italian dressing
- dry white wine
- Poke holes in leg of lamb, stuff with garlic.
- Add dressing to a large plastic bag, add lamb in.
- Refrigerate overnight to let lamb marinate.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a heavy dutch oven, sear lamb on all sides (reserve the marinade in the bag to baste the lamb if it dries out).
- Place in oven (if adding wine, add it to the dutch oven as lamb goes in).
- Cook 1/2 hour for each pound of meat (around 2-3 hours for a 4-5 pound leg of lamb).
Amount Per ServingCalories 540 Saturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 249mg Sodium 257mg Protein 78g