No Bake Cheerio Treats – delicious and easy dessert bars made with cheerios and marshmallows, topped with sprinkles for a buttery sweet cheerios cereal treat!
If you love rice krispy treats and want something a little different – or have a major cheerio lover in your house – these easy no bake cheerios treats are perfect for dessert!
These cheerios bars are so delicious, fun for little kids, and even make great back to school treats.
They come together in a snap, don’t involve any baking, and are easy enough, kids can help mix!
Of course they are topped with tons of sprinkles to make these desserts adorable… we hope you love them just as much as our family!
To see our web story for this recipe, click here.
Here at Sweet C’s, we have lots of types of readers – those who like to get straight to the recipe, and those who would like more information, including tips and tricks to feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
- How To Store Cheerios Treats
- What You Need to Make No Bake Cheerio Bars
- Tips for Perfect Cheerio Treats Bars
- How To Make Cheerio Treats
- Other Delicious Desserts You’ll Love
- Easy No Bake Cheerio Treats Recipe
How To Store Cheerios Treats
If you make a big batch of these cheerio cereal bars and want them too last as long as possible, please keep in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Eat leftover cereal bars within one week.
What You Need to Make No Bake Cheerio Bars
To make these cheerio treats you’ll need:
Nonstick Pan – a good noonstick pan helps to keep your marshmallows from turning into a cleanup nightmare.
Mixing Spoon – a large, steady spoon (nonstick a plus!) is a must for this recipe.
Parchment Paper – mandatory if you want easy to release cheerios bars.
Baking dish – high walled dishes best for these treats.
Tips for Perfect Cheerio Treats Bars
If you’re looking for perfect soft and delicious cheerios treats, be sure to follow my troubleshooting tips below:
Prevent Sticky Treats
- If it’s really humid, the treats might remain sticky.
- I recommend spraying the parchment paper with nonstick spray and letting the treats set in the fridge instead of on the counter.
- Coat hands with nonstick spray to prevent the mixture from sticking when you press it into the pan.
Prevent Tough, Hard Treats
- It’s important to heat the butter and marshmallows over low or medium heat because heating it over high heat can cause hard treats.
What Cheerios to Use
- Use any flavor of Cheerios you’d like and customize them by adding sprinkles or drizzling or dipping in chocolate.
How To Make Cheerio Treats
These cheerios treats are simple to make if you’ve ever made rice krispies treats – but if you haven’t, this quick guide can help you get perfect easy cheerios bars every time.
Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large pot, melt the butter and 8 cups of marshmallows over medium heat until smooth.
Stir To Combine
Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, Cheerios, and remaining marshmallows until fully coated.
Place in Pan
Transfer to the prepared baking pan and gently press the mixture into the pan.
Cool at room temperature for 1 hour before cutting.
Other Delicious Desserts You’ll Love
If you’re craving something sweet and delicious, that is easy to make, simple – and doesn’t require a bunch of extra ingredients or special tools, you’re going to LOVE this easy dessert like these cheerio bars!
For our complete dessert recipe archives, please click here.
Easy No Bake Cheerio Treats Recipe
If you love this easy no bake cheerio treats recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
No Bake Cheerio Treats - delicious and easy dessert bars made with cheerios and marshmallows, topped with sprinkles for a buttery sweet cheerios cereal treat!
- ½ cup salted butter
- 10 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 cups honey nut cheerios (or other cheerio flavor)
- 1/4 cup sprinkles (optional)
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter and 8 cups of marshmallows over medium heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, Cheerios, and remaining marshmallows until fully coated.
- Transfer to the prepared baking pan and gently press the mixture into the pan. Spread sprinkles atop the cheerio bars, if using.
- Cool at room temperature for 1 hour before cutting.
Amount Per Serving Calories 153Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 10mgSodium 126mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 2g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet C’s Favorite Recipes
If you love these delicious recipes, be sure to check out our reader favorites!
These recipes are simple, delicious, and constantly viral hits with our readers for their family friendly flavor!