Roasted Asparagus Carbonara Recipe – delicious pasta with egg and cheese sauce bursting with roasted garlic and bacon flavor!
This delicious and easy pasta dish is loaded with rich creamy carbonara flavor – with chunks of crispy bacon, delicious roasted asparagus, and lots of parmesan cheese!
If you’re looking to make a hearty, comforting dish for your family in no time, this easy pasta is perfect!
This pasta is simple, full of fresh flavor, and is loaded with flavor the whole family loves.
Here at Sweet C’s, we have lots of types of readers – those who like to get straight to the recipe, and those who would like more information, including tips and tricks to feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
What is Carbonara
Carbonara is a traditional Italian sauce combining egg, hard cheese like parmesan, pork, and pepper.
Carbonara includes uncooked egg – making it creamy, rich, and totally indulgent.
Is Carbonara Safe To Eat
Carbonara does call for undercooked egg – making it a dish you should avoid if you are pregnant, have a weakened immune system, etc.
You can also use pasteurized eggs to make carbonara safely if you’re concerned about the risk.
Other Easy Pasta Dishes You’ll Love
If you love delicious easy pasta dinners that are full of flavor, please check out some of our favorites below:
You can find our entire pasta recipe archives here.
What to Serve With Roasted Asparagus Carbonara
This carbonara goes with a wide variety of dishes – we’re sharing some of our favorite easy sides below:
You can find our entire side dish recipe archives here.
This carbonara recipe can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to four days.
A good deal of the sauce will absorb into the pasta – so you might want to whip up a bit more carbonara sauce when reheating.
Roasted Asparagus Carbonara
If you love this easy recipe, please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Roasted Asparagus Carbonara Recipe - delicious pasta with egg and cheese sauce bursting with roasted garlic and bacon flavor!
- For the Roasted Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1” pieces
- 3-4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- For the Carbonara
- 16 ounces dried fettuccine
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- ¼ cup robust olive oil
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Make the Roasted Asparagus
- Preheat the oven for 400F.
- Combine the asparagus, bacon, garlic, and salt.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until the asparagus is crisp-tender and the bacon is starting to brown.
- Make sure to toss the asparagus and bacon halfway through cooking.
- Set aside until ready to use.
- Make the Carbonara
- Cook the fettuccine for two minutes less than the package directions indicate. Reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Then, drain the pasta and return it to the pot set over medium-low heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, parmesan, olive oil, and black pepper.
- Add the mixture to the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until the egg yolks have thickened and formed a sauce that coats the pasta evenly.
- If the sauce thickens too much, dilute it with some of the reserved pasta water.
- You likely will not need the entire cup of water-- I usually use a ⅓-½ cup.
- Once the sauce is your desired consistency, toss the asparagus and bacon with the pasta.
- Serve, garnished with freshly grated parmesan and freshly cracked black pepper.
You can cook the asparagus and bacon in a saute pan if you would prefer to do it on the stovetop. You’ll need to cook the bacon first, and then remove it from the pan and cook the asparagus in the bacon grease.
Amount Per Serving Calories 806Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 312mgSodium 1257mgCarbohydrates 74gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 36g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.