Sweet and spicy Slow Cooker Honey Soy Pulled Pork is a delicious, easy, and family friendly meal you can make in a crockpot – just set and forget! Great in rice bowls, sandwiches, or tacos!
I love asian inspired meat recipes – perfectly balanced sweet and spicy meats that pair perfectly with fresh vegetables and burst with rich flavor.
I’ve always been a little intimidated to cook with honey and soy sauce together, even though I absolutely love honey soy dishes, because I didn’t have a good base sauce recipe together.
I came across a recipe that I tweaked to perfection – and I’ve been using as often as I can with chicken and pork. It is a perfectly balanced combination of salty, sweet, and a little kick of spice – and oh so delicious.
This recipe for Honey Soy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is so good (and SO easy!!) you’ll want to make it all the time!
This recipe is perfect for bahn mi, asian tacos, and rice bowls.
It is perfect with sriracha, kimchee, radishes, or cabbage to really bring out the smoky and sweet notes.
I love this recipe so much- I am drooling just thinking about making it again soon!
I got the honey soy combination from this AMAZINGLY delicious Honey Soy Country Rib recipe my husband and I came up with:
Or these delicious honey soy slow cooker wings:
Just see how good that delicious pulled pork looks! And it is SO simple. It’s totally foolproof and your family will love it!
Pro tip: you don’t HAVE to brown the pork shoulder before cooking, but I prefer to because it gives a bit of crunchy crust to the meat, and the caramelized flavor really shines with the honey soy sauce.
Slow Cooker Honey Soy Pulled Pork
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 3 lb pork shoulder
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, red, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, diced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup rice wine
- ½ cup beef stock
- ½ cup honey
- green onions or shallots, diced, to garnish
- sesame seeds, to garnish
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp grapeseed oil and pork shoulder on high and brown on all sides.
- Add pork shoulder to slow cooker and add all other ingredients in.
- Cook on high for four hours or low for six hours.
- When meat is tender and shreds easily with a fork, shred apart in crockpot- removing any bones or fat from slow cooker.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds and serve over rice, in tacos, or in sandwiches.