Slow Cooker Honey Soy Pulled Pork is sticky and sweet, with rich honey soy flavor for a delicious pulled pork the whole family loves!
I love asian inspired meat recipes - perfectly balanced sweet and spicy meats that pair perfectly with fresh vegetables and burst with rich flavor.
I've always been a little intimidated to cook with honey and soy sauce together, even though I absolutely love honey soy dishes, because I didn't have a good base sauce recipe together.
I came across a recipe that I tweaked to perfection - and I've been using as often as I can with chicken and pork.
It is a perfectly balanced combination of salty, sweet, and a little kick of spice - and oh so delicious.
This recipe for Honey Soy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is so good (and SO easy!!) you'll want to make it all the time!
This recipe is perfect for bahn mi, asian tacos, and rice bowls.
Just Take Me To The Slow Cooker Honey Soy Pulled Pork Recipe Already!
I have readers from all skill level and comfort in the kitchen on my site - so I try to provide a lot of information in my posts so my loyal readers can feel as comfortable in the kitchen as possible.
If you'd rather skip over my tips and tricks please click "skip to recipe" in the top left corner, or scroll to the bottom of the page.
HOW MUCH PULLED PORK TO PLAN PER PERSON
One of the questions I get the most about pulled pork is how much pulled pork to plan per person – it can be tricky to know how much pulled pork to buy for a picnic or party.
A good base rule to go by is to plan 1 pound of cooked pulled pork for every 3 people.
This means that about ⅓ of a pound (or 5 ounces) is good for one serving.
That applies to COOKED pulled pork weight – but pork will lose some weight in the cooking process from the original uncooked pork shoulder or butt weight.
WHAT SIZE PORK SHOULDER TO BUY FOR SMOKED PULLED PORK
I like to plan for about 1 pound of UNCOOKED pork per person for pork shoulder that has any bones in, or a lot of fat that will be trimmed off, since they take up a lot of the uncooked weight and won’t be eaten.
If you have a lot of hungry eaters, and the pulled pork is the main dish you’re serving (and you aren’t serving it sandwich style, where guests will eat less), plan for about 1 pound of meat, uncooked, per person.
If you are serving pulled pork as a part of a sandwich, or you will be serving lots of other meats, you can plan for about half a pound or a three quarters of a pound of uncooked pork per person.
This sticky sweet pulled pork perfect with sriracha, kimchee, radishes, or cabbage to really bring out the smoky and sweet notes.
Tips To Perfect Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Brown the pork shoulder before adding to slow cooker.
You don't HAVE to brown the pork shoulder before cooking - but I prefer to because it gives a bit of crunchy crust to the meat, and the caramelized flavor really shines with the honey soy sauce.
What To Serve With Honey Soy Pulled Pork
Honey soy pulled pork is great in sandwiches and wraps, but it's also great on it's own with a great vegetable or rice side!
I am sharing my top recipes to pair with this honey soy pulled pork below:
You could also serve this pulled pork bowl-style, like my Mongolian Turkey Bowls.
Just see how good that delicious pulled pork looks!
And it is SO simple.
It's totally foolproof and your family will love it!
Instant Pot Pulled Pork Directions
If you'd like to make this slow cooker pulled pork in your instant pot, you're in luck!
This recipe couldn't be easier in the instant pot - please follow the instructions below:
- In a medium bowl whisk together all ingredients but the pork, oil, sesame seeds, and green onion garnish.
- Turn instant pot to the saute setting.
- Roughly cut pork shoulder into rough chunks that will fit into your instant pot and be able to brown.
- Brown pork in hot oil and saute for 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Remove the browned pork to a plate, repeat with the rest of the pork shoulder.
- Turn the instant pot off.
- Use beef broth and seasoning mixture and a wooden spoon to deglaze (scrape the brown bits) from the bottom of the pot. THIS IS ESSENTIAL TO SEAL YOUR INSTANT POT.
- Add all of the meat along with the honey soy sauce mixture to the instant pot.
- Close the lid and set to sealing.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 40 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Remove the meat from the instant pot and shred.
- Top with sesame seeds and green onion to garnish.
Slow Cooker Honey Soy Pulled Pork
If you love this easy slow cooker honey soy pulled pork recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Sweet and spicy Slow Cooker Honey Soy Pulled Pork is a delicious, easy, and family friendly meal you can make in a crockpot - just set and forget! Great in rice bowls, sandwiches, or tacos!
- 1 tbsp grapeseed or olive oil
- 3 lb pork shoulder
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, red, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, diced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup rice wine
- ½ cup beef stock (for instant pot, add 1 cup beef stock)
- ½ cup honey
- green onions or shallots, diced, to garnish
- sesame seeds, to garnish
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp grapeseed oil and pork shoulder on high and brown on all sides.
- Add pork shoulder to slow cooker and add all other ingredients in.
- Cook on high for four hours or low for six hours.
- When meat is tender and shreds easily with a fork, shred apart in crockpot- removing any bones or fat from slow cooker.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds and serve over rice, in tacos, or in sandwiches.
Amount Per Serving Calories 446Saturated Fat 10.8gCholesterol 188mgSodium 944mgCarbohydrates 7.1gFiber 0.9gSugar 3.2gProtein 33.1g
Sweet C's Favorites
If you love this easy recipe, please check out Sweet C's other favorite recipes - many low carb, all easy and packed with flavor!