Slow cooker sausage hashbrown and egg breakfast casserole is an easy, delicious meal with sausage, hashbrowns, and eggs that cook perfectly in a slow cooker! Perfect for brunch parties.
I love big, rich breakfasts.
I don't love waking up early to *make* big, rich breakfasts.
I like to wake up to the smell of delicious, hearty meals welcoming me to the table.... but as my three and five year old don't really have their cooking chops honed in on, it's up to me to have our morning spread set up.
One morning I knew we'd have a hectic Saturday and wanted to try out a slow cooker egg casserole recipe that was made in a crockpot. I know.... eggs and a slow cooker? I shuddered a bit and figured it was worth a shot.
And man, was it ever! This Slow Cooker Sausage Hashbrown and Egg Breakfast Casserole will make anyone look like a domestic goddess who has a healthy relationship with mornings.
Look-- it's not like I'm not dedicated enough to food to wake up early.
I just really am not a morning person. At all.
I kind of used to be, but since having kids, night times are "me" times, and I have a hard time going to bed at a decent hour... and there is just something all too alluring about hitting the snooze button over and over or demanding cuddles from my kids who hop in our bed early in the morning.
All of that makes me more than a bit lackadaisical about making big weekend brunches.
But let's face it-- breakfast is everyone's favorite meal for a reason.
There's no better way to start your day off well than with a delicious, hearty meal to fill you up. That's why I love this deliciously easy Slow Cooker Sausage Hashbrown and Egg Breakfast Casserole - it is simple, easy, and requires absolutely zero waking up early!
Tips for the perfect slow-cooker breakfast casserole:
- NOTE: do NOT skip the seasoning step, or season out of order. YOU NEED TO SEASON THE POTATOES, WELL. You might want to sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the top of the dish, according to your tastes, but don't skip seasoning the potatoes well. Add salt, pepper, herbs, and toss them so its coated well. Do this before you add all the other ingredients- or you will end up with bland, flavorless potatoes. Trust me on this one!
- Additionally, you can halve the cook time to cook on high, but it makes the sides very brown and crunchy. I have the instructions set to low because that is how I like my casserole- but cooking on high for 3-4 hours works too, I just prefer how it turns out on low better.
This recipe is super quick and delicious- and nobody has to know it cooked overnight! It would also be great for a party since it's crazy portable!
I like adding fresh tomatoes and herbs before serving for that extra touch - pretty and delicious! Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Sausage Hashbrown and Egg Breakfast Casserole
To see me make this Slow Cooker Sausage Hashbrown and Egg Breakfast Casserole please click to watch the video below:
Other breakfast recipes you might like:
If you like this Slow Cooker Sausage Hashbrown and Egg Breakfast Casserole, be sure to follow me on social media and like us on Facebook and Instagram!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
Slow Cooker Sausage Hashbrown and Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Slow cooker sausage and hashbrown breakfast casserole is an easy, delicious meal with sausage, hashbrowns, and eggs that cook perfectly in a slow cooker! Perfect for brunch parties.
- 2 cups frozen hash browns or country potatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp each basil and oregano
- 1 lb cooked sausage crumbles
- 10 eggs, beaten until foamy
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grease bottom of slow cooker
- Add potatoes or hash browns to bottom of cooker
- Add seasonings and toss with potatoes
- Layer sausage on top of potatoes
- Top with cheese
- Pour eggs over casserole and add lid
- Cook on low for six hours until eggs are puffy and firm!
Amount Per Serving Calories 385Cholesterol 244mgSodium 714mgCarbohydrates 15.1gFiber 1.1gSugar 1.6gProtein 19.1g