Spicy Peanut Noodles
Jan 09, 2023, Updated Apr 11, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These quick and easy spicy peanut noodles are tossed in a spicy soy-peanut sauce and served with fresh snap peas, crisp carrots, and plenty of chopped peanuts!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Quick and Easy Spicy Peanut Noodles
My family loves Asian take out! I always order peanut noodles when we go to Thai or hibachi restaurants. I remember looking up a peanut noodle recipe and realizing that spicy peanut noodles are a super easy – and budget friendly – dinner option!
If you are vegetarian or vegan this is a great recipe for you since it is packed with soy sauce savory and peanut butter salty sweetness. I love to garnish it with additional peanuts for a nice crunch and green onions for a fresh element. If you want to add extra protein you can add tofu, shrimp, or chicken cooked however you like it.
How to make Spicy Peanut Noodles
First you want to assemble the following ingredients:
- Peanut butter – this is the base of our sauce it adds a rich creaminess but also adds great peanut flavor. I’m using classic (not all natural) creamy peanut butter.
- Soy sauce – adds a salty, umami flavor to the sauce.
- Water – helps thin the sauce to your desired consistency, feel free to add a little more or a little less depending on how saucy you want your noodles.
- Rice vinegar – adds a bit of acidity to balance out the saltiness of the noodles.
- Sriracha – adds a bit of spice to the noodles. Again, feel free to add as much or as little as you like. If you have gochujang on hand, using it in place of the sriracha will add a bit of smoky flavor.
- Thin asian noodle – something like a chow mein, rice noodle, or brown rice noodle.
- Sesame oil – is used to sauté the vegetables.
- Carrots and snap peas – I prefer these in these noodles but you could use anything you like– red pepper, chopped bok choy, etc.
- Garlic and ginger – these are classic flavors in Asian cuisine so we can’t skip them! We’re grating them so they incorporate smoothly into the sauce when added to the noodles.
- Green onion – these add a bit of freshness and earthiness to the noodles.
Once you have assembled the ingredients use the following method:
- Mix sauce. Mix all the sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Cook noodles. Cook the noodles according to the package instructions, drain them and run water until they are no longer steaming. Add the noodles to the sauce.
- Cook veg. Heat the sesame oil in a wok or heavy duty pan. Add the carrot and sauté about 4 minutes until softening. Next add the snap peas, garlic, and ginger and cook an additional minute. Add to the noodles and peanut sauce.
- Toss and serve. Toss all the ingredients in the peanut sauce. Garnish with green onions, sesame seeds, and chopped peanuts and serve while still warm.
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Spicy Peanut Noodles
Whisk the sauce well. You want the sauce to be smooth so make sure you whisk it very well until it is silky.
Slice your carrots thin. If you want your carrots to be soft after being quickly cooked, you should slice them very thin. I like to use a mandolin for this.
Mix up the veg. I am using carrots and peas for this recipe, but you are welcome to use any vegetables you prefer. I like to use squash and zucchini when they are in season in the fall. You can also use bell peppers, onions, or even sliced beets.
To see our web story for this recipe, click here.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. These noodles can be enjoyed warm, at room temperature, or slightly chilled.
Angel hair noodles are not recommended! They are too thin for our thick sauce.
The best nut free alternative to peanut butter is sunflower seed butter. This has a smooth sauce that will have a similar flavor and texture. You can also check out our One Pot Creamy Vegan Tahini Noodles recipe.
What to Serve With Spicy Peanut Noodles
My family love Asian food and when you don’t want to get takeout check out some of my Asian favorite dishes like Easy Spicy Edamame, Korean Grilled Flanken Ribs, Sesame Ginger Grilled Tuna Steaks, Garlic Chinese Style Green Beans and more below:
Spicy Peanut Noodles Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
For the Sauce
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sriracha or gochujang, or to taste
For the Noodles
- 8 ounces thin asian noodles (like chow mein or rice noodles)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup snap peas, halved
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- Sesame seeds and chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to a large microwave safe bowl and heat for 45 seconds.
- Whisk the sauce together until well combined and then set it aside until ready to use.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles according to the package directions. When the noodles are ready, drain them and run them under cool water just until they are no longer steaming (they will still be warm, that’s okay).
- Transfer the noodles to the bowl with the sauce and toss to combine.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sesame oil. When the oil is fragrant, add the diced carrot.
- Saute the carrots for 4-5 minutes, or until they are your desired crispness. Then add the snap peas, garlic, and ginger and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the vegetables to the pot with the noodles and sauce, toss to coat evenly.
- Garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and chopped peanuts, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 255Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 0mgSodium 957mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 8g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.