10 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup in an Instant Pot, Crock Pot, or on the Stovetop – this is so delicious, simple, and crazy easy!
We’ve had a brutal round of the flu this year – I don’t know what it is, but it has been absolutely brutal lately! Anytime I am sick, there is one thing I crave more than others – anything spicy, hot, and full of flavor that will clear out my sinuses.
After having a craving recently – but not wanting to go through all of the process for other spicy soups, it hit me – I could make this insanely delicious and easy soup in just 10 minutes with almost no effort!
If you haven’t tried an instant pot yet, what are you waiting for? It is amazing to prep meals in, since it is a cross between a pressure cooker, a slow cooker, and a stovetop – you can sautee in it, use it for a slow cooker, or use it to make traditional slow-cooked meals in no time with the pressure cooker settings!
And the best part of this recipe – you can make it really easily in an Instant Pot, on the stovetop, or in a slow cooker!
The stovetop and Instant Pot Methods take just ten minutes – the slow cooker one obviously takes a bit longer to cook, but it’s almost no prep!
If you want to get a quick head start to this soup, you can use pre-baked or grilled chicken, diced into cubes for a super quick and simple dinner!
For another delicious take on Chicken Tortilla soup, check out my friend Sandra’s Authentic Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe.
And if you want to change it up a bit, this Steak Tortilla Soup from Eazy Peazy Mealz is super delicious too!
Is there anything more comforting than tortilla soup? I certainly don’t think so!!
10 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup (Instant Pot, Stovetop, Slow Cooker)
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced into 1" bits
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 can ranch beans with jalapenos
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 corn tortillas, baked to crunchy then cut into strips
- cheese, garnish
- cilantro, garnish
- Add oil and sautee chicken (or use pre-baked or pan grilled chicken).
- Add onion, beans, diced tomatoes, bell pepper, and beef stock.
- In an Instant Pot: Cook 5 minutes in an instant pot on soup setting/medium pressure with a forced release
- On the Stovetop: bring to a boil in a large pan on the stovetop and reduce heat to a soft rolling roil for 5 minutes
- In a slow cooker: cook on high for 1 hour, cook on medium for 2 hours, then keep warm.
- Plate immediately and top with tortilla strips, as well as optional cheese and cilantro garnish (a little avocado or sour cream also is quite nice on top.)