10 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup in an Instant Pot, Crock Pot, or on the Stovetop – this is so delicious, simple, and crazy easy!
We’ve had a brutal round of the flu this year – I don’t know what it is, but it has been absolutely brutal lately! Anytime I am sick, there is one thing I crave more than others – anything spicy, hot, and full of flavor that will clear out my sinuses.
After having a craving recently – but not wanting to go through all of the process for other spicy soups, it hit me – I could make this insanely delicious and easy soup in just 10 minutes with almost no effort!
To Make This Chicken Tortilla Soup, You’ll Need:
If you haven’t tried an instant pot yet, what are you waiting for? It is amazing to prep meals in, since it is a cross between a pressure cooker, a slow cooker, and a stovetop – you can sautee in it, use it for a slow cooker, or use it to make traditional slow-cooked meals in no time with the pressure cooker settings!
And the best part of this recipe – you can make it really easily in an Instant Pot, on the stovetop, or in a slow cooker!
The stovetop and Instant Pot Methods take just ten minutes – the slow cooker one obviously takes a bit longer to cook, but it’s almost no prep!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Stovetop Chicken Tortilla Soup
If you want to get a quick head start to this soup, you can use pre-baked or grilled chicken, diced into cubes for a super quick and simple dinner!
Is there anything more comforting than tortilla soup? I certainly don’t think so!!
10 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup (Instant Pot, Stovetop, Slow Cooker)
If you like this deliciously easy 10 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
To watch me make this recipe, click to see the video below:
- 1 lbs chicken, diced into 1" bits
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can ranch beans with jalapenos
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 corn tortillas, baked to crunchy then cut into strips
- cheese, garnish
- cilantro, garnish
- Add oil and sautee chicken (or use pre-baked or pan grilled chicken).
- Add onion, beans, diced tomatoes, bell pepper, and beef stock.
- In an Instant Pot: Cook 5 minutes in an instant pot on soup setting/medium pressure with a forced release
- On the Stovetop: bring to a boil in a large pan on the stovetop and reduce heat to a soft rolling roil for 5 minutes
- In a slow cooker: cook on high for 1 hour, cook on medium for 2 hours, then keep warm.
- Plate immediately and top with tortilla strips, as well as optional cheese and cilantro garnish (a little avocado or sour cream also is quite nice on top.)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323 Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 85mg Sodium: 562mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 27g