10 Minute Fridge Pickles – delicious easy pickles you can make without canning – pop in the fridge for delicious fresh pickles, fast!
My husband loves pickles. I hate them.
Like, if pickles were the only thing left to eat on earth, I’d be one starving lady.
So when he requests pickles, I’m not all about slaving in the kitchen to make him some complicated canned pickles.
Luckily, I came up with a great, easy 10 Minute Fridge Pickle recipe that is a winner for both of us.
It’s been a huge hit on my site since 2010 – and is still going strong!
This recipe is awesome because it is truly customizable, crazy fast, and so easy!
Some garden fresh zucchinis and other herbs or other vegetables, vinegar, herbs, and other flavorings are all you need to make delicious and addictive pickles, fast – without canning!
These no canning easy pickles only get more flavorful after sitting a day or two – making them perfect to prep for a party, picnic, or to take to work for lunch!
JUST TAKE ME TO THE BEST 10 MINUTE FRIDGE PICKLES RECIPE ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, i think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious easy 10 minute fridge pickles recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Easy Fridge Pickle Flavor Variations
I’m providing details on a base recipe to make amazing easy pickles without canning, but it only keeps getting better when you add other ingredients like:
- baby corn
- bell peppers
- piquillo peppers
- banana peppers
- truffle shavings
- lemon rind
- orange rind
- juniper berries
–the sky is the limit when flavoring your quick pickles!
You can try all sorts of pickle flavor combinations for easy and delicious refrigerator pickles you can make without having to try complicated canning.
How Long Can You Keep Refrigerator Pickles
This recipe helps use up cucumbers and is safe to eat from the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
These pickles do taste better after a day or two in the fridge, but since we’re not using canning, they will only keep for about two weeks.
Use these tips to keep your quick pickles fresh and delicious:
- Store pickles in an airtight jar with lid securely tightened when not eating.
- Keep pickles in the refrigerator as often as possible.
- Add pickles to boiled liquid as fast as possible, and then refrigerate in jar immediately when cool enough to place in fridge.
Just a little bit of prep and a few basic ingredients and you’re set – no need for canning in this easy pickle recipe!
Other delicious easy vegetable dishes you’ll love:
If you love these easy refrigerator pickles you can make with fresh cucumbers or vegetables from your garden, please check out these other favorite fresh veggie recipes you’ll love:
10 Minute Fridge Pickles Recipe
If you love this easy 10 Minute Fridge Pickles Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
To watch me make this easy refrigerator pickle recipe, click here:
- 2 lbs pickling cucumbers
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- In a large pan, slowly bring vinegar and other ingredients (except cucumbers) to a gentle boil.
- Start slicing cucumbers into thin rounds.
- Place cucumbers into mason jars- fill as many in as you can fit.
- When vinegar and seasonings are gently boiling, pour into jars over cucumbers.
- If the vinegar and herb solution doesnt go all the way to the top of the jar, add some warm water.
- Place into the fridge and let sit overnight- or for best flavor a few days.
- These keep for up to 2 weeks!
Amount Per Serving Calories 45 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 81mg Carbohydrates 10g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 0g Sugar 9g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 0g