Air Fryer Greek Chicken Meatballs - easy keto homemade chicken meatballs loaded with Greek flavor cooked in the air fryer and topped with tzatziki and feta!
At Sweet C's we have lots of types of readers - those who would like lots of information with their recipe, some who need a few extra tips and tricks, and some who'd like to get straight to cooking.
We've included a clickable table of contents below that will take you directly to the section you'd like to read, and a skip to recipe button in the top left corner to help you navigate this information quickly.
Table of contents
Tender, golden brown, juicy chicken meatballs loaded with Greek herbs and topped with a cool and creamy tzatziki sauce - this recipe is a simple, low carb dinner your whole family is going to love!
Chicken meatballs made from-scratch are incredibly easy - this dish is simple enough for beginners, but packs a ton of family friendly flavor in every bite.
We designed this meal to be keto diet compliant - but it can be made with standard breadcrumbs (see notes in recipe below), and can also be baked or pan fried if you don't have an air fryer - making this an incredibly versatile dinner.
Why We Love Air Fryer Greek Chicken Meatballs
These simple, delicious meatballs are made from ground chicken - for a leaner, lower calorie dish that still packs a ton of flavor in every bite.
Kids and picky eaters love air fryer chicken meatballs, because they come out perfect - with a crunchy browned outside, and tender, juicy middle that isn't tough and dry.
These meatballs are delicious over zoodles or other low carb vegetable noodles (or shirataki), with pan fried broccolini, air fried asparagus, a simple Garden Vegetable Greek Salad, Easy Pan Fried Halloumi, or some Easy Roasted Tomatoes!
- Don't have an air fryer? Simply bake meatballs at 400 for 12-15 minutes, until the middle of meatballs reaches 165 F internal temperature.
- Add some spice - we love mixing in a little Aleppo pepper when the kids aren't eating this dish to pack a bit of a fiery punch!
- Makes great leftovers --- this recipe is perfect for meal prep and great to take to work!
Keto Meatball Breadcrumbs
One of the top questions I get on my keto recipes is what kind of breadcrumb substitute to use when cooking low carb.
My personal favorite breadcrumb substitute sounds a bit odd, but has the PERFECT flavor and texture - crushed pork rinds! I simply add pork rinds to a blender or food processor and pulverize into pork rind dust, and then use it as a 1:1 substitute for breadcrumbs.
If pork rinds aren't your thing, there are quite a few brands making keto specific breadcrumbs that are available at most grocery and health food stores now - or you can order some from Amazon.
How To Prep an Air Fryer
One of the reasons I love my air fryer is it is just so easy to clean up.
Air fryers don't really need much prep to use - but I do find they are the best at being truly nonstick when preheated. Preheating isn't much of a big deal, just run your air fryer at the temperature you're going to cook at while you prep your food and it will be ready to go. Having a scorching hot air fryer basket to place meatballs in will help keep them from sticking - no spray, paper, or foil needed!
You can use a piece of parchment paper to line your air fryer basket - but this can also impede some of the air movement of the machine, so try to use just as much paper as you need, don't have a bunch of extra paper going up the sides of the basket (I will cut out a circle/square of paper to lay down just on the bottom of the basket, for example.)
You can also use nonstick cooking spray, or ideally, a neutral high-heat oil spray to very lightly prepare your basket with just a hint of oil.
Some air fryers are coated in a nonstick material that can degrade or become tacky when used with cooking sprays - please check your air fryer model and user manual to see if they recommend using nonstick spray or not.
What To Serve With Greek Chicken Meatballs
These meatballs are great because they go with tons of easy keto side dishes, salads, and other main dishes that are low carb.
Find some of our recent favorites below:
- The Best Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Asparagus Recipe
- The Best Ever Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- The Best Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe
- Easy Sautéed Squash and Zucchini Recipe
- The Best Air Fryer Shishito Peppers Recipe
- The Best Easy Whole Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- Easy Baba Ganoush Recipe
- Easy Bacon Butter Spread Recipe
You can find our complete keto side dish recipe archives here.
Easy Tzatziki Recipe
Be sure to get our Easy Greek Tzatziki Recipe here - it is simple to make, keto approved, and SO delicious.
My daughter learned to make this recently at home and wants it on everything - its easy enough for kids to make and they love the light, tangy taste!
Tzatziki is light, cool, and full of tangy flavor - you will end up with extra tzatziki from this recipe, which is AWESOME as a dip, or in our Easy Baked Greek Pork Chops with Creamy Feta Sauce Recipe!
When are chicken meatballs done?
Chicken meatballs take around 10 minutes to air fry at 400 degrees - but should cook until they reach 165 degrees internal temperature, regardless of time. Think of the timer as a guideline, but your thermometer as the final say.
We find the best texture comes from air frying hot and fast - air fry at 400 degrees F.
Chicken meatballs can be stored for up to four days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
We find cooking chicken meatballs and then freezing to reheat later produces the best results. Freeze for up to four months.
Air Fryer Greek Chicken Meatballs Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Air Fryer Greek Chicken Meatballs - delicious easy low carb chicken meatballs loaded with Greek flavors right from your air fryer!
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- ½ cup keto breadcrumbs or blended pork rinds (or standard breadcrumbs if not keeping keto)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- tzatziki sauce, to garnish
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled, to garnish
- Prepare air fryer basket - either preheat (my preferred method) at 400 degrees for 10 minutes; line basket with a piece of parchment paper; or use nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, keto breadcrumbs, egg, Parmesan cheese, garlic, olive oil, ground black pepper, oregano, basil, onion powder, and salt. (I like to use my hands to make sure everything gets mixed well).
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, form the mix into 1” balls and place in the air fryer basket.
- Make sure to leave room around each meatball so they cook evenly. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the meatballs in batches.
- Cook the meatballs at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 7-10 minutes or until they reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit. I like to rotate the meatballs about halfway through cooking, so all sides are evenly browned.
- When meatballs have reached 165 degrees internal temperature, they are fully cooked.
- Remove from air fryer and top with tzatziki and crumbled feta.
Amount Per Serving Calories 554Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 252mgSodium 809mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 53g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.