Move over, regular-old elotes. There’s a new sheriff in town, and its name is Avocado Jalapeno Elotes. This recipe takes your favorite Mexican street food and amps up the flavors with some creamy avocado and spicy jalapeno peppers.
Easy Avocado Jalapeno Elotes
These Easy Avocado Jalapeno Elotes are a popular Mexican street food. They are corn on the cob that is smothered in tajin seasoning, lime juice, and chili powder. Then, they are topped with diced avocado, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro. Avocado Jalapeno Elotes are a delicious and easy way to enjoy corn on the cob.
The combination of flavors is truly irresistible! If you’re looking for a fun and flavorful way to enjoy corn on the cob. Whether you’re serving them up at a summer cookout or simply enjoying them as a quick snack, these elotes are sure to be a hit!
How To Make Avocado Elotes
Elotes are basically seasoned corn on the cob, so you will need a few ingredients to get just the right flavors. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Corn– You can’t have elotes without corn. I use sweet corn, but you can use whatever corn you prefer.
- Jalapeno peppers– Be sure to seed your peppers and chop them coarsely. You’ll need to reserve one pepper for garnishing.
- Avocado– Peel and coarsely chop your avocados.
- Garlic cloves– You will need fresh garlic not minced garlic. Simply chop 2 to 3 cloves up.
- Cilantro– Fresh cilantro is needed for this recipe. You will want to chop it up and reserve half of it for the garnish.
- Olive oil– Olive oil is brushed on the corn to help hold all the spices and seasonings onto it.
- Spices and seasonings– You will season your corn with chili powder and salt.
- Garnishes– In addition to the cilantro and pepper, you will also need tajin seasoning and cotija cheese to garnish the corn.
After you’ve gathered and chopped your ingredients, this recipe can be whipped up in no time at all. Follow the steps below.
- First, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once the water is boiling, add the ears of corn and cook for about 10-minutes or until tender.
- Brush the corn with olive oil or melted butter and grill them on medium heat until slightly charred. Set the corn to the side to cool slightly.
- While the corn is cooling, combine the jalapenos, avocados, garlic, lime, cilantro, olive oil, chili powder, and salt. Pulse in a food processor until smooth.
- Finally top your corn with the crema you just made and garnish with cotija cheese, cilantro, jalapenos, and tajin.
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Elotes and FAQs:
- Choose ripe avocados. This will ensure that the elotes are creamy and flavorful.
- For the perfect lime to avocado ratio, use one lime for every two avocados.
- Make sure to remove all the corn husks and silks before grilling or roasting the ears of corn.
- If using skewers to grill the corn, soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before using them so that they don’t burn on the grill.
Avocado Jalapeno Elotes is a Mexican street food dish that consists of corn on the cob, topped with avocado, mayonnaise, lime juice, jalapeno peppers, and cotija cheese.
For this recipe, you will technically cook the corn twice. First, you will boil it over medium-high heat, and then you will grill it over medium-high heat.
The longest part of this recipe is chopping up your avocados, garlic, peppers, and cilantro. With prep work and cook time, these elotes should be done in about 30-minutes.
Avocado Jalapeno Elotes are best enjoyed fresh, but they will keep in the fridge for a day or two. Be sure to place them in an airtight container before refrigerating.
What To Serve With Avocado Jalapeno Elotes
For a light meal or appetizer, try pairing avocado jalapeno elotes with a simple salad. The coolness of the avocado and the heat of the jalapeno will balance out the flavors perfectly. For a heartier option, try serving them with Grilled Chicken Breasts, Grilled Jerk Shrimp, or Easy Grilled Ribs.
For more delicious appetizers, click here.
Easy Avocado Jalapeno Elotes Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Avocado Jalapeno Elotes
spicy, creamy, smoky grilled corn that is out of this world delicious.
- 3 jalapenõ peppers seeded and coarsely chopped (reserve one for garnish)
- 2 avocados coarsely chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped (reserve half as garnish)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ears corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (if grilling corn, just enough to brush corn with)
- Tajin seasoning, to garnish
- ¼ cup cotija cheese, to garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the ears of corn and cook until tender, about 10 minutes (or cook them in the instant pot); or brush corn with melted butter and grill corn on medium heat until slightly charred. Set corn aside and let cool slightly until cool enough to handle.
- Combine jalapenos, avocados, garlic, lime, cilantro, olive oil, chili powder, and salt in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Top corn with cotija cheese, cilantro, jalapenos, avocado jalapeno crema, and tajin.
Amount Per Serving Calories 436Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 28gCholesterol 5mgSodium 829mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 8gSugar 6gProtein 6g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Its really a nice recipe and mouth watering. Try this one also https://www.beckandbulow.com/muscovy-hen-duck-breast-easy-pad-thai-recipe/