How To Bake Bacon
Mar 15, 2021, Updated Aug 12, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
How to bake bacon – the best crispy, crunchy, salty bacon baked right in your oven – with tricks to keep it from splattering and spraying everywhere.
This is our absolute FAVORITE way to make crisp, crunchy, perfect bacon – and it’s fairly mess-free!
Just bake in the oven, and when you’re done, lift the foil and you’re done cleaning – and you’ve made the best crunchy baked bacon, ever.
If you need crunchy bacon bits for a ceasar salad, sandwiches, or other recipes – this is the best method for the perfect crunch.
We’ve tried other methods like air frying and pan frying, but always go back to this super-simple method for making bacon in the oven – it is just too good to pass up!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
To see our web story for this recipe, click here.
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
What Bacon To Use
We prefer using a thick-cut American style bacon for this recipe – this is not the preferred way (for our family) to make Canadian bacon or British-style bacon.
Thin sliced bacon sticks to the foil, and has less of a crunch.
We often buy Wright brand bacon or similar brands that offer thick-cut bacon in a resealable bag.
What You Need To Bake Bacon:
This method for preparing bacon has a really, really small list of essential tools – you’ll just need a baking sheet, nonstick foil, paper towels, and of course, your oven!
- Baking Sheet – pick one with deep walls, so bacon grease doesn’t splash you when removing from oven or go all over oven and start a grease fire!
- Nonstick Foil – we find our bacon releases best from nonstick foil. Some people place bacon on a cooling rack above the baking sheet, but we find the flavor and crunch is best from bacon cooking right on the pan in the fat – so foil is essential for easy cleanup and nonstick results!
- Paper Towels – since we’re cooking bacon in it’s grease, it’s essential to cool it on paper towels to dab off grease. While this makes bacon less greasy, it also improves flavor.
Easy Breakfast Recipes
If you’re looking for other delicious recipes to serve for breakfast or brunch, please check out our breakfast recipe index here – or check out some of our favorites below:
The Best Bacon Recipes
If you have a hankering for bacon, and you’re looking for more delicious dishes with bacon, please visit our bacon recipe index here, or see some of our recent favorites:
Cooked bacon can keep in the fridge for up to five days in an airtight container.
How To Bake Bacon
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media and get in on all the fun!
- 12 strips thick-cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with deep walls with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Place bacon on foil in baking sheet. Keep bacon close together to get slices to fit on pan - but don't let bacon overlap for even cooking.
- Bake for 20-40 minutes - to your preferred doneness. We personally like deep brown bacon and cook closer to 40 minutes - but my parents like it a bit lighter, and closer to 20 minutes.
- Remove bacon from oven. Using tongs or a fork, carefully lift bacon from pan and place on plate lined with paper towels.
- Let bacon cool and dab with paper towels to remove any extra grease.
- Let bacon grease solidify and cool on baking sheet, then lift to release and clean without any work!
This method can be used for any amount of bacon - we put in 12 strips, but you can use it for 2-24 strips, whatever you need!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 2 strips bacon
Amount Per Serving Calories 112Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 24mgSodium 404mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 8g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.