Try these crispy, salty, and deliciously craveworthy fries that are made with carrots instead of potatoes. These amazing snacks retain all the goodness of carrots while making for a healthier alternative to potato fries!
Don't want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Easy Savory Carrot Fries
If you’re looking for a delicious alternative to potato fries try these carrot fries. If you’re avoiding potatoes because of diet, allergy, or you’re just trying to eat healthier, carrot fries are a great way to satisfy a fry craving.
Carrot fries combine all the best flavors of fries and carrots in a snack or side dish that your whole family will love. I use these fries to get my kids to eat carrots and it works so well - they love these!
These fries are delicious alongside dinners like Italian Chicken and Bean Stew, SPAM and Eggs Sandwiches, Creamy Beef Stroganoff Fettuccine, and Mexican Beef and Rice Skillet!
We also love this tasty side with Pork Tenderloin, and Broiled Lobster Tails!
How to Make Carrot Fries
First, assemble the following ingredients:
- Carrots - Carrots are a root vegetable with a bit of natural sweetness that lend themselves well to many different applications. They are packed with vitamins and minerals, and are considered by many to be one of the healthiest superfoods.
- Olive Oil - Olive oil is a perfect compliment to these carrot fries. Olive oil is a “healthy fat” and adds flavor and helps all the spices stick better to the carrots.
- Cornstarch - Because carrots are lower starch than potatoes, using a bit of cornstarch helps to give these fries more of a “fry” finish and helps them crisp up in the oven.
- Paprika - Paprika is made of ground sweet peppers and adds a depth and smokiness to these fries that perfectly sets off the carrot.
- Cumin - Cumin is a pungent and distinctive spice. A little cumin perfectly compliments carrots and paprika.
- Garlic Salt - Garlic salt is a staple of so many dishes, it adds saltiness and that perfect garlic taste.
- Ground Pepper - Ground pepper is finely ground black pepper that adheres well to carrots and also adds a tiny bit of heat that offsets the sweetness of the carrots.
- Garlic Powder - Garlic powder is garlic that has been dehydrated and ground. Combined with garlic salt, it makes a great base coating for veggies.
Once you’ve got your ingredients, make these carrot fries using the following method:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel and cut the carrots into the size of fries, about 1.5 cm wide sticks. The thinner you cut the fries, the crispier the final product will be.
- In a separate dish, combine the cornstarch, paprika, cumin, garlic salt, ground pepper, and garlic powder.
- Toss the carrots in a large bowl with olive oil.
- Sprinkle your dry ingredients over the carrot fries, tossing to coat them evenly.
- Place the coated carrot fries on a foil-lined baking sheet, ensuring they’re in a single layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Using a pair of tongs, flip the fries and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Allow the fries to cool and serve with herbs or dip of your choice.
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Baked Carrot Fries
Crisp to reheat. If you store these fries, bake them in the oven or air fryer for a few minutes to recrisp them before serving.
Thinner carrots make crisper fries. The thinner the carrot sticks, the more they’ll crip in the oven.
Serve immediately. Serve these fries as soon as they cool from the oven, they’re best straight from the oven.
Try other seasonings. We love these carrots with elote seasonings, harissa spices, za'atar, lemon pepper spices - the sky is the limit!
Depending on the diet, many people view carrots as a healthier option than potatoes. Carrots are lower in starch and carbs, as well as higher in fiber, vitamins and minerals.
There are many options for herbs or dipping with these carrot fries. Chopped parsley over the top of these fries set them off nicely. They pair well with ketchup, ranch dressing, or an aioli.
Store these fries in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Bake or air fry for a few minutes to recrisp them before serving stored fries.
We love using a finger-safe mandoline to finely slice carrots - click here to find our favorite.
What to Serve With Carrot Fries
Carrot fries are salty and savory and delicious on their own, but we love them with easy dips and salsas - they are perfect to get your dip on!
Try them with a spicy whipped feta dip, cool and creamy Greek Tzatziki, delicious fall inspired pumpkin hummus, and even my Knockoff Tito’s Tacos Salsa!
For more delicious dips, please check out some of our recent favorites below:
Baked Carrot Fries Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Baked Carrot Fries
Delicious baked carrot fries that are salty, savory, and a healthier alternative to french fries!
- 1 ½ pounds carrots, peeled and cut into fries
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the carrots and then slice them into 1.5 cm sticks. If you want them to look crinkle-cut, use a crinkle-cut knife.
- Add the carrots along with the remaining ingredients into a large bowl. Mix until evenly coated.
- Transfer to the lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, then flip and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool for a few minutes and top with herbs of your choice, like parsley. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
ONCE FOR ALL Safe Mandoline Slicer 5 in 1 Vegetable Cutter, Strips Julienne Dicer Adjustable Thickness 0.1-8 mm for Kitench Fast Meal Prep (Gray)
Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware, Baking Sheet, 2-Piece Set
Reynolds Kitchens Cookie Baking Sheets, Pre-Cut Parchment Paper, 25 Sheets (Pack of 4), 100 Total Sheets
Amount Per Serving Calories 224Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 0mgSodium 558mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 7gSugar 6gProtein 3g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Leave a Reply