Delicious, tart, and refreshing gin and tonic with Malfy Arancia Gin – a blood orange-flavored gin that has a bright pink color and delicious natural citrus flavor.
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Malfy con Arancia Gin and Tonic
If you love tart, slightly sweet, lightly bitter summery drinks that are totally sippable and simple to mix up, you’re going to love this pretty pink gin and tonic.
You can skip the simple syrup or use it to counteract a bit of Malfy Con Arancia’s light bitterness with just a splash of simple syrup – even if you’re using a tonic with sugar in it (I usually use diet tonics) – to smooth out the bitter blood orange flavor and pull forward more of the raspberry-like flavors blood orange is known for.
This cocktail is one of my favorites all summer long – I hope you love it too!
How to Make Blood Orange Gin and Tonics
To make these cocktails, you’ll need:
- Malfy con Arancia Gin – gin distilled with Sicilian Blood Oranges
- Simple syrup – simple syrup is just a liquid suspension of sugar in water, for an easy way to lightly sweeten drinks without the fuss of stirring in sugar.
- Tonic – I use slimline/diet tonic because I like the flavor the best – but you can use any tonic you love.
- Ice – be sure to add lots of ice to a gin and tonic – ice keeps the carbonation in your tonic, so the bubbles stay fizzy! I love using pebble ice in gin and tonics instead of a large ice cube.
- Herbs – entirely optional, but mint, basil, rosemary, and even oregano are nice additions to a gin and tonic that help pull out the distinct flavors in gin!
After you gather your ingredients, we will follow this method:
- Stir together ice, gin, and a splash of simple syrup. If adding any herbs, stir in and lightly muddle against the glass.
- Top glass with tonic, and lightly stir to mix.
- Do not shake, as tonic will fizz over.
Tips & FAQs
Use different tonics. Try fevertree elderflower tonic, Indian tonic, or Mediterranean tonic to change up the flavors of this drink.
Garnish with pink peppercorns. For a bit of a spicy kick, garnish with pink peppercorns, which will add a bit of a heat as their oil will slowly absorb into the drink.
Garnish with berries or herbs. Garnish with raspberries, strawberries, mint, oregano, thyme, rosemary, or slices of blood orange for more color and fresh fruit flavor!
Gin and tonics can be served in highball glasses, which are the traditional glassware for gin and tonics – however they are also often served in large bowl wine glasses (like a red wine glass), or even a gin and tonic tulip glass with a wide base and lightly fluted top.
Use smaller ice for gin and tonic instead of large-cube ice for gin and tonics – crushed ice or pebble ice is nice.
Other Cocktails You’ll Love
If you’re looking for more delicious easy drink recipes, be sure to check out some of our favorites like our Pimms Cup, Frozen Gin and Tonics, Sex on the Beach, Port and Tonic, and Stroopwafels Vodka Coffee!
Blood Orange Gin and Tonic
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Blood Orange Gin and Tonic
Delicious gin and tonic with a blood orange citrus twist with Malfy con Arancia gin.
- 2 oz Malfy con Arancia Gin
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 4 oz tonic
- Add gin, ice, and simple syrup to a glass. If adding any herbs, add to glass and lightly press against glass to release some oil and aroma into drink.
- Top with tonic, lightly stir.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Thereye Countertop Nugget Ice Maker, Pebble Ice Maker Machine, 30lbs Per Day, 2 Ways Water Refill, 3Qt Water Reservoir & Self-Cleaning, Stainless Steel Finish Ice Machine for Home Office Bar Party
Riedel Gin Set, Set of 4
Vintage Art Deco Highball Gatsby Cocktail Glasses | Set of 4 | 16 oz Double HiBall Glassware for Drinking Mojito, Gin Rickey, Whiskey Highball, Classic Long Bar Drinks | Large Tall Tumblers
Fever Tree Mediterranean Tonic Water, 6.8 Fluid Ounce - 24 per case.
Fever-Tree Refreshingly Light Tonic Water, Lower in Calories, No Artificial Sweeteners, Flavorings or Preservatives, 5.07 Fl Oz Each (24 Cans)
Amount Per Serving Calories 206Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 17mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 0gSugar 20gProtein 0g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Leave a Reply