Chicken Taco Stuffed Peppers are cheesy, easy, and so incredibly delicious! Low carb, gluten free, and a fun family dinner everyone loves!
Easy one pot dinners are kind of my thing lately.
Our house is crazy most of the time – despite my husband and I working from home, I feel like we’re constantly inundated with madness – and with two incredibly picky kids, we’re constantly struggling to come up with healthy, quick meals we can get on the table without a lot of hassle.
One theme we go to over and over again is tacos – because everyone digs in!
To change things up, we’ve been trying to find some delicious taco presentations that incorporate lighter, healthier ingredients – but are still delicious and so fun.
These chicken taco stuffed bell peppers are the perfect fun easy meal the whole family can dig into – and it’s an easy weeknight dinner you can have on the table in less than 40 minutes.
Getting kids to eat veggies isn’t always easy – which is one of the reasons I love stuffed pepper recipes.
For some reason, eating your dinner out of a pepper makes the whole thing more fun – and chicken taco stuffed peppers are always a huge hit!
While I photographed this recipe in two pans (I first cooked the tacos in a cast iron skillet and then scooped it into another baking dish to bake) you can easily just scoop up the taco meat and place the peppers back into the pan you cooked in as long as it is oven safe – making less of a mess to clean up!
Cheesy chicken taco stuffed peppers are so easy for a weeknight meal – and even kids love this fun way to eat extra veggies!
More Easy Weeknight Meals in under 45 Minutes:
Chicken Taco Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken, ground
- 1 onion, large, diced
- 1 can ro-tel diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 bell peppers, sliced in half with stems and seeds removed. (If your peppers are small, increase this to 3 peppers)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded sharp
- 1/4 cup sliced olives, optional.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large, heavy pan, add olive oil and heat until shimmery.
- Add chicken and brown on medium high for 6 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add onions to chicken meat, continue cooking until onions are lightly browned and soft, about another 8 minutes.
- Add ro-tel and taco seasonings, mix well.
- Add taco filling into stuffed peppers (you can scoop and cook in the same pan you made taco meat in if it is oven safe, or use a baking sheet, casserole dish, or any oven safe pan).
- Cover peppers with cheese and olives.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until pepper is soft and cheese is melted and bubbling.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 463 Saturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 114mg Sodium: 496mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 29g